Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EduArdo Murruy
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, i just heard about this game and obviously missed the KS campaign. It's such a pity, since Roboderby Express is my favorite PnP game.

Now, i guess i will have to wait for the official release, right? Do you guys know what will be in the box? what about those awesome stuff mentioned on the kickstarter page(extra maps, player screens, team variant, ghost ship)? will they be on the base game too? If not, how a unlucky person like me will be able to grab those awesome bonuses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Veatch
msg tools
The official rules list the components as follows:
• 20 Command Dice in 4 player colors
• 4 Ship Dice in 4 player colors
• 6 double-sided Boards (including Starting Shoals and Treasure Cove)
• 4 Player Shields (with Quick References on one side)
• 4 Player Mats
• 16 Tokens (2 Treasure Tokens, 8 Skull Tokens and 6 Doubloon Tokens )
• 1 Treasure Die
• Rules

I believe the contest winning player maps will be included and player screens. But the team variant and ghost ship has been mentioned as expansions which implies they will be available as a separate purchase.

Take this with a grain of salt as I am not connected to the developers in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
murruy wrote:
It's such a pity, since Roboderby Express is my favorite PnP game.

Awesome, thanks! I'm really glad you've enjoyed RD:E!

murruy wrote:
Now, i guess i will have to wait for the official release, right?

Currently it's looking like we'll be able to have it before the end of the year, so hopefully the retail release isn't too far away!

murruy wrote:
Do you guys know what will be in the box?

Christopher answered this one perfectly.

murruy wrote:
what about those awesome stuff mentioned on the kickstarter page(extra maps, player screens, team variant, ghost ship)? will they be on the base game too? If not, how a unlucky person like me will be able to grab those awesome bonuses?

We should have limited numbers of those bonuses available -- I think there will be a way to acquire them (either online, or at conventions).

Thanks!

--clint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EduArdo Murruy
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christopher, thanks a lot for your answer.

And clint, i REALLY hope you find a way to sell those online. This game is right at my alley and i think the pirate theme will just make it even more awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Ossar
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Ender suggested in his review thread, I'm following up on this here. I just received my copy of the retail version. It did contain player screens, but it contained only 6 map tiles and did not include the two bonus map tiles Ender mentioned in his review as being included in all copies. Is my copy missing some components, or were those extra two map tiles a Kickstarter bonus? If they were included only in the KS version, is there/will there be a way to acquire them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jossar wrote:
As Ender suggested in his review thread, I'm following up on this here. I just received my copy of the retail version. It did contain player screens, but it contained only 6 map tiles and did not include the two bonus map tiles Ender mentioned in his review as being included in all copies. Is my copy missing some components, or were those extra two map tiles a Kickstarter bonus? If they were included only in the KS version, is there/will there be a way to acquire them?

As I wrote elsewhere, it would indeed be good to get this clarified.

As far as I can figure out, from looking at the components carefully, from my reading and research on BGG, and from some correspondence with the publisher, the game consists of various packages, including the following:

Quote:
Base game:
- 4 player mats + 4 sets of dice + 1 treasure die + tokens
- 6 double-sided map boards

Extras that did make it into the retail version:
- 2 bonus double-sided map boards (includes some map contest winners)
- player screens

Expansions/extras not included in the retail version: (only for Kickstarter supports or available separately)
- Capture the Treasure expansion (2 double-sided map boards + 1 extra treasure die + rule sheet) [NB: there was a small issue with these map boards]
- Ghost Ship expansion (1 extra die + rule sheet)
- Rough Waters expansion (2 double-sided map boards + rule sheet)
- Fifth player expansion (fifth set of dice + extra player mat & screen)

Is this not correct then? It would especially be helpful to clarify whether the two bonus map boards that Jacob is referring to (featuring Pirate's Peril, Le Clerc's Traverse, Octopus Lair, Siren's Embrace) are included in the retail version. I was under the impression that they were, based on Clint's comment that Christopher Veatch was correct in his description above, which included this:

crveatch wrote:
I believe the contest winning player maps will be included and player screens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hot: $6.99 at Miniature Market

edit... now sold out, it seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
My retail copy has the screens but does not have the bonus boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.