Hide
7 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Variants

Subject: Mockup of a museum tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S S
msg tools
Here is a museum tile mockup I quickly (okay, it took a little over an hour) created using Photoshop. The lighting/shadows, perspective, and textures all need some heavy work, but the general idea was just to give it a test spin.

I would rather create a museum of antiquities than an art museum. I want galleries with internal dividing walls and will probably use marble as the floor texture.

ss

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1395782/silentshadow

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1395797/silentshadow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
looks good, i like where you are going with thesecustom tiles, i thought of a custom scenario for MOM, that would involve a pit tile, essentially a round circular pit that can be placed atop any medium room tile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heathen Cosmos
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
very cool. I have a couple outdoor areas created. A winding path, grass fields, and a front courtyard complete with sweet Cthulhu sundial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Emiliani
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Looks pretty cool. The angle is a little off, but you're making it custom, so it works.

I actually was just asking about how to do this so I can make a museum scenario. What was your process, if I can ask?

When you printed it, what did you print/mount on?

Other rooms I brainstormed: Dinosaurs, Egypt, Africa, and maybe far east.

And Heathen Cosmos, can you post those? Or shoot me a PM with pictures? I'd like to see them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
I created it quickly, so I don't consider it a finished tile.

I use old school Photoshop 6 with several plugins from the old Warhammer Quest tile making days. Over the years I have created several custom tiles or maps for several games using Photoshop 6.

When I print a finished product, I print on matte photo paper and mount the paper on mat board using a permanent glue stick.

This morning I set up a bird's eye view perspective line layer in the Photoshop file so I can use it to align all of angles of walls and doors.

After I do a few more things to set up my generic template for a MoM 7x7 inch tile, I should be able to crank a few custom museum tiles out quickly. The time consuming part will be using Photoshop to render 3D shadows on the floor and walls. If anyone has any suggestions on how to use Photoshop to emulate a 3D cad program in this regard, let me know. Up until now I have never had to worry about a wall being attached to the floor tile. I think I have figured out a way to align rendered shadows, but it is mostly eyeballing it between layers and is not a quick as I would like it to be.

ss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
Borgs of Canada wrote:
very cool. I have a couple outdoor areas created. A winding path, grass fields, and a front courtyard complete with sweet Cthulhu sundial.

I have a generic grass texture that I created for custom Memoir '44 maps. I am interested in creating outdoor areas, as well. Did you create your own tiles from scratch or did you use elements from the existing tiles in the game?

ss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
im interested to know how you get the exact same thickness of card for the tiles? i started creating custom monster tokens from the remaining cardboard frames that i punched out all the tokens since its same thickness just peel off the imagery and stick on a new one.

hmm... now all i need is for someone to make custom imagery for dimensional shambler and gug or else i will have to do it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.