Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the official FAQ didn't have a few "frequent" questions, and doesn't answer things like Frequently Overlooked Rules, I started up a wiki page. I've gone back and added a few things, but I figure as rules questions pop up if people could just add them to the wiki going forward, it would be a good resource, particularly if you link to the threads with answers.

See
Eclipse FAQ

The "Frequently Overlooked section" is obviously open to interpretation ... I've had several people express surprise that multiple starbases can be built in one sector, so I put it in. Better safe than sorry.

Hopefully we'll get several people (ideally more knowledgable than me) keeping it updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks great! Thanks for putting it together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it looks very good. Thanks!

Other questions I have seen new players/groups ask:

1. If I am out of tile 3, can I use 2 or 1 instead?
2. When Descendants look at 2 tiles, is the other discarded?
3. Do I need a colony ship for an orbital?
4. Can I remove a tech research to open a spot for a different one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Lau
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are missiles overpowered?

ROFL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a good job I recommend a couple of things.
Quote:
Move Action & Pinning

Q: How does pinning work?
A: Each ship (or starbase!) prevents one enemy ship from leaving the hex. During a move action you can leave (or move through) a hex ONLY if you have as many ships as the total number of enemy ships. Note -- The GCDS pins all ships. See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/712363/pinned-ships

I would change the answer to:

A: Each ship (or starbase) prevents one enemy ship of each enemy player in the hex from leaving the hex.

This is because my 1 ship will stop 1 enemy that comes in. When a third player comes in 2 ships are stopped (which means my 1 ship is stopping two ships)

A second thing I would add is that placing an ancient upgrade with an upgrade action counts as one of your upgrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
dlhammond wrote:

I would change the answer to:

You don't need my permission to change it! (This is for everyone, not just dlhammond). The point of a wiki is that if you see something that is wrong you fix it, missing you add it.

Obviously please be sure your answer is correct before you change/update (which is why citations are so helpful).

But I went and fixed it as you suggested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good. If stuff comes up I will post here for permission to properly update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for putting this together! Played my first game yesterday, so it's useful to be able to check rules against this. Haven't discovered anything we did wrong... yet!

Just edited for a minor typo - changed "manor" to "manner".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.