Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In one 4p game with the "Space Race" victory condition, the player who got Deep Agent seemed to have a huge advantage over the rest of us. He was able to steal either our best improvements, or the ones that broke up powerful combos that we had built. In some cases, he could wait for someone to buy an expensive improvement, and then buy it from them for just $3...cheaper than if he had to buy it himself from the open market.

In private discussions with Mike, he mentioned that possibly Deep Agent should be one-time use. We also discussed the possibility that it should allow you to buy an improvement from another player for face value, rather than a constant $3.

This thread is an opportunity for Mike to share his latest thinking on these topics with the rest of the world
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I continue to believe that Deep Agent should be a 1 time ability and that the cost for an improvement should be face value (plus a Part or Cargo if you have one).

I have, unfortunately, been busy with other projects and have not had the time to update Vehicles lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To expand... (I was out of town when I answered and was on my cell phone which makes me terse).

I am currently working on three games for The Game Crafter and my August free download for my website. One of the TGC games is for a contest and needs to be done this weekend. We won't make it, but one way or another, it will be done.

After that, I *need* to get Re: Your Brains ready for an October release. It's in blind playtesting, so with any luck it will be ok.

I have another game that is also in bl;ind playtesting for TGC, but there is no rush on that.

Once I get the contest game, the August download, and Re: Your Brains out the door, I will turn my attention back to Vehicles, starting with an overhaul of the Tank and the Deep Agent.

Thanks very much for your suggestions. They are all quite worthwhile!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.