Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a question about the clarification of armor overrun MP costs in 12.1.2. I guess I'm having an attack of the not-smarts but I don't get it!

To assault a space you have to pay the MP cost of the target space + 2 MP. However, per "Overruns", armored units may pay the Road MP cost. As I understand them, these costs are as follows:

Primary/Main Road: .5 MP
Secondary Road: 1 MP (or 2 MP for BA-10)

Thus, it seems like an armored assault into a Primary Road hex would cost 2.5 MP, and into a Secondary Road hex would cost 3 MP (or 4 for a BA-10). Am I wrong?

I ask because the italicized clarification text in 12.1.2 (RB page 16)says that it costs 2.5 MP to assault on a primary road [got it, OK] and 4 MPs on a secondary road (or 6 MP if a BA-10) [don't got it!?].

I don't understand how those figures (2.5/4/6) are arrived at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron, you are correct and the italicized text is wrong. Thanks for catching this. I'll put it in the next errata.

My guess is we were getting the costs mixed up with those associated with off-road movement (optional rule) when we added in the italicized text example.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Mark for designing such an excellent game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.