Pablo Schulman
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to say I'm eager to try this game due to its theme and artwork. There's some really neat stuff, like the resource system. (so, where can I buy it?)

Now, I have to say I find the rulebook awful and very user-unfriendly (or whatever is the word). I'm pointing several things I didn't like about it and I hope the designers treat this as feedback and not as bashing without reasoning. I'm really interested in the game, and it is of my interest to see the game flourish. My nitpicks:

1) It lacks structure i.e. a beginning, a middle and an ending. Things and information are thrown on it.

2) Turn structure is explained in a very light manner and is relegated to the side of the front page! I thing this is one of the most important things in the rulebook.

I'd like to see explained in this fashion:

Draw Phase
Action Phase
Clean-up phase

3) If I'm not wrong, reaction chains are resolved "last card played, first resolved", right. Rulebook mentions it very vaguely. Could be explained a little bit more.

4) According to BGG, the game is for 2-4 players but in the whole rulebook there's no mention to this and setup for 3 or 4 players is not explained as well as how the game would be played in this fashion.

Questions I r regarding gameplay:

5) Can abilities of armaments, relics and trinkets be used on your opponent's turn?

6) Is there any limits of cards in an era?

Regards,

Pablo Schulman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Rushing
msg tools
designer
mb
Pablo,

Thanks for the feedback on the rules. The rules insert that comes with the game is a how to play guide and not a comprehensive rules guide. That being said, there is lots of room for improvement for the rules to the game. In the next week or so we will be releasing intermediate rules available for download on our website as a pdf document that will explain in detail Priority, how Limbo works (order of resolution), Turn Phases and Steps, and several other things. In the meantime we also have an FAQ on our website [geekurl=www.TimeTravelGame.com]www.TimeTravelGame.com[/geekurl] that we monitor regularly and will do our best to answer any questions you may have.

As far as trying the game out. We are at Gen Con today at booth 1933, and we will also be playing ARC in the Game Hall all day. Feel free to drop in on us if you're at Gen Con. If not, you can ask your local retailer to order ARC for you, we are carried by all major distributors. In the next 2 weeks we will also have our online store up and you can purchase ARC on our website at that time. I hope this information helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Rushing
msg tools
designer
mb
Questions regarding game play answered:

Question
If I'm not wrong, reaction chains are resolved "last card played, first resolved", right. Rulebook mentions it very vaguely. Could be explained a little bit more.
Answer
That is correct. This can be found in the "How To Play" rules insert that comes with the game under the "Lightspeed" section. For a more in depth discussion regarding this question and the intermediate rules please visit our website [geekurl=www.timetravelgame.com]TimeTravelGame.com[/geekurl]
**The intermediate rules surrounding materialization of cards into the timeline will be posted by: 08-29-12

Question
Can abilities of armaments, relics and trinkets be used on your opponent's turn?
Answer
Traps and some items have abilities that can be used from the timeline. These abilities may be used whenever you could play cards with Lightspeed 1. Traps, Relics, Trinkets, and Armaments are considered items. Cards with Lightspeed may be played anytime. This can be found in the "How To Play" rules insert that comes with the game under the "Lightspeed" section.

Question
Is there any limits of cards in an era?
Answer
You may not have more than one relic with the same name in any one era. That is the only limitation. This can be found in the "How To Play" rules insert that comes with the game under the "Card Types" section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.