Subject: Risk 2210 Titan & Dione rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Tron
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Please enjoy. Possibility of graphics match with other 2210 maps special courtesy of MrMan2K3!

Update and territory cards to follow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sklar
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done! Is it by design that Adiri is not directly connected to the rest of Xanadu? That could make for some interesting strategies.

The only thing that I'm not sold on is the name "CCCP Reborn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Tron
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You pegged it. Xanadu is the largest continent with the biggest bonus, yet doesn't have the same wide accessibility that Asia does on earth. Because there are key choke points that can be taken and defended to hold this continent, a player wanting to take and hold Xanadu for the bonus should have to spend some extra energy and troops in order to capture Adiri. This also gives other players the needed chance to hold this key territory if another player threatens to hold Xanadu

CCCP reborn was one of the last ones I named, and I'm not too attached to it. Any ideas of how to re-name?

Also open to other suggestions as nothing about this map is final (obviously).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
CCCP vozroždjónnyj

hehe.... CCCP is a Russian acronym so it makes sense to pair it with a Russian word.

Of course with that in mind...

Novyj Stalingrad

Novyj Moskva

Hmm... I dislike how many things connect to Tiger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like it will make for an interesting map with some neat little twists.

Do you need to have both a Space Commander and a Naval Commander in play to move into the water colonies on Dione?

Are the grey territories treated like the neutral territories on Mars, in that they start with neutral MODs that only defend?

Also, do you have the original image you used as a source for your map available? That would make it easier if I try to make it match the style of the other maps currently available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds cool to me.

Lunar water is an interesting rule twist that hasn't come up before.

I'm not totally sold on the Adisa idea, but enh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Tron
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMan2k3 wrote:
This looks like it will make for an interesting map with some neat little twists.

Do you need to have both a Space Commander and a Naval Commander in play to move into the water colonies on Dione?

Are the grey territories treated like the neutral territories on Mars, in that they start with neutral MODs that only defend?

Also, do you have the original image you used as a source for your map available?

Thanks, yes, yes, and yes.

The idea is that Dione can potentially be a massive source of reinforcement generating power (about 25% of total continent/colony bonus). Since much of Titan is tied up in neutrality and the continent bonuses are low (relative to other maps), a player attempting to control sections of the moon must spend some extra energy for both water and space commanders for the massive payout.

To be clear, a player can theoretically lose the space commander but still be able to attack and move about the water colonies on Dione as long as a naval commander is still in play. However, if this does happen, the MODs on the actual lunar colonies are still locked and cannot attack; the player may only utilize MODs which are in the water colonies. Additionally, territory cards for the Dione water colonies should be water cards, not lunar.

The neutral colonies are designed to function just like the Mars ones.

Will email you shortly with the updated map addressing some of the mentioned concerns as well as the source map. I took some liberties with it as NASA imaging is incomplete.

Also, quick poll, Saturnian moon Dione could easily also be Rhea or Tethys for the sake of this map. All are covered in ice and orbit near Titan. Should the name stay Dione or be changed to one of the other moon names?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well.... Hyperion's closest, but tiny. so it's out.

Iapetus is larger, but too far away.

Tethys is a lot smaller than Dione, and farther from Titan.

Hmm... Rhea, it's larger than Dione, Hyperion, or Iapetus, and it's closer to Titan than Dione. Actually Hyperion is the only major moon closer than Rhea.

Rhea also is beleived to have a lot of water ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Tron
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
Rhea also is beleived to have a lot of water ice.

So your vote is Rhea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes! sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gueltron wrote:
Additionally, territory cards for the Dione water colonies should be water cards, not lunar.

Just to be clear, do you intend for there to be decks of Water Territory Cards and Hydrocarbon Territory Cards? If you played a nuke card that affected water territories, would you be able to select either from the Water or Hydrocarbon deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some free time so I started on the Rhea/Dione map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice start!

The water bubbles need their colors. BTW, were you going to change the name of CCCP Reborn? Oh and the Continent box for it needs to be added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
Nice start!

The water bubbles need their colors. BTW, were you going to change the name of CCCP Reborn? Oh and the Continent box for it needs to be added.

Thanks!

Yep, I've already added the colors to the water bubbles, and changed the continent box as well, so it actually shows water colonies rather than land continents.

For now I have the name as CCCP Reborn, but it's fairly easy to change any of the names if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still like the idea of calling it CCCP vozroždjónnyj, but that's kinda long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Tron
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's the scoop. It's now officially Rhea.

Here's the updated map with the CCCP adjustment, Tiger adjustment, and an extra water territory added. Not sure how hard it will be to adjust it based on the above graphic.

Here's the map source
http://www.planetaryvisions.com/display.php?id=221_1&t=9&w=1

In terms of territory decks:

There will be 4 decks total

Lunar
Hydrocarbon
Water
Land

A nuclear strike on the moon will draw either from Lunar or Water
A nuclear strike indicated on water can draw from either Water or Hydrocarbon.

This powers up the nuke commander a bit.

Lunar command cards are playable on both Water and Lunar territories (provided the commander is in play)

Water command cards are playable on both Water and Hydrocarbon.

ANNNNND, due to the powered up Water, Nuclear, and Space commanders, if a player has a Diplomat in play and owns 6? neutral colonies, it counts as a continent bonus worth 3? reinforcements.

Pretty sweet eh?

Edit:

Some changes to the map:

The name of CCCP Reborn has been changed to Novaya Rossiya (staying away from the Cyrillic alphabet for now; plus CCCP Reborn sounds immature, Cyrillic or not).

Tigerdaisy has had a major overhaul; named the continent Legate, and changed the water territory names to reflect the names of Greek Titans. Moved Veles up slightly to reflect the added water territory and create a choke point. Can also reduce the area of Laptev & Binsk as necessary to accommodate for Water territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novaya Rossiya sounds cool. I'm not sure I like the new Legate. My issue with Tiger was "I think it has too many connections". And.... Oceanus now has the same issue. Well, to a lesser extent, but it doesn't really make sense for it to conenct to 2 land territories. IMO, continents should tend towards having more internal connections than external.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Tron
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
IMO, continents should tend towards having more internal connections than external.

Here's an updated template with reduced size territories for Free Siberiana to accommodate lots of Water territories. Also, notice reduced connections to lunar continents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that looks nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated Rhea map:

EDIT: Just noticed that I need to remove the link between Nemosyne and Hyperion. I'll make sure to take care of that for the next revision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enh... It looks fine to me the way it is.... I was thinking about suggesting that change anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Tron
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awesome!

Where do we plan to put the continent bonuses for Titan? I packed out the map where there's usually copious amounts of water on other maps so I put ALL the bonuses on the Rhea add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gueltron wrote:
Looks awesome!

Where do we plan to put the continent bonuses for Titan? I packed out the map where there's usually copious amounts of water on other maps so I put ALL the bonuses on the Rhea add-on.

I'm not sure... I was thinking I might need to add a supplemental board showing the territory bonuses for Titan. I couldn't really keep them on the Rhea map and still maintain the same style as other maps, unless I shrank the size of Rhea, which isn't desirable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Tron
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might not hurt to do it your way. That way the "continent" bonus for the neutral territories if the diplomat commander is in play could be explained.

Another option:

Add an extra set of moon colonies to the supplemental board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Tron
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.