Popular Tags: [View All]
William J. Rivera
United States
Tampa
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that the beginning positions are unimportant, but what if two players play the same card in the first turn? How do you determine position for these players. If by some chance they play the same card in the first two turns, I see an argument about who gets bit and would love any input before I debut this game during my gaming night next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always just take a card from each player and shuffle them, then lay them down in random order from first to last position for the first turn. This would at least be an "equal chance" for each player to come in each position.

Let us know how the game is received and thanks for trying it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chalker
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cecilc31 wrote:
The rules state that the beginning positions are unimportant, but what if two players play the same card in the first turn? How do you determine position for these players. If by some chance they play the same card in the first two turns, I see an argument about who gets bit and would love any input before I debut this game during my gaming night next week.

There's still placement at the beginning of the game, where everyone is laid in a random order in front of where the shark will appear. You play the first round normally, but there's no shark bite on the first round.

If the person in the back ties with someone else on the first round, yeah, they're at a slight disadvantage for that round, but the positions get mixed it up pretty quickly. Plus on that first round, people will often dump their low cards (1 or 2) because there's no danger. If you play a slightly higher number though, you'll jump ahead of them, AND have those lower numbers for the first few rounds when those other players are more likely to tie. Of course, if they know that, then... etc etc etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.