J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When a location is conquered, do its special abilities still play? For example, the power station has a chance to destroy saucers....does that ability still apply when it is conquered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Becerra
msg tools
mb
We have always played it where the site rules would still take effect. For example, a power station does not stop being a power station just because it's under new ownership. Also the radio tower would be a pretty useless site without it's abilities. The only thing that would remove the special abilities would be a demolished token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something else along those lines, and I appoligise if it's answered somewhere else, do location special abilities come into play when first revealed? Specifically Power Plant, which says, "when a player moves heres, they are destroyed on a D6 roll of 1 or 2," or something to that effect. If it's drawn at the beginning of the battle phase do you still roll? I've been playing it as yes, but I'm curious how others do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Location Text remains in effect, even after that Location is conquered. The only time a Location's text is canceled is if it has a Demolished marker on it (which has its own text that replaces the text of the Location).

Location text DOES apply as soon as it is placed, so yes, Aliens do have to roll to see if they stumble into the powerlines with the Electric Power Plant as soon as the Location is revealed in their space.

-Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.