Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dominion: Intrigue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Upgrade question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to clarify things with this card. When Upgrade is played the rules suggest that you 1. draw a card, 2. trash/gain a card, 3. take your next action (if you want). So, if i play Upgrade as my last card, I would have to immediately trash the card I drew, Correct? Why then do the rules state that, if you have no card to trash you don't trash a card? If you have to draw first then trash, how could you have no card to trash? It seems to make more sense to draw, then do extra action, then trash if you have any cards left. Thoughts?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The Nomad wrote:
If you have to draw first then trash, how could you have no card to trash?

You might have already played every card in your entire deck and discard pile - it's possible that there was no card to draw.

The Nomad wrote:
It seems to make more sense to draw, then do extra action, then trash if you have any cards left.

"+1 Action" means "the number of Actions you can play this turn is increased by 1", not "interrupt this card's effect to play another Action immediately".
11 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:

The Nomad wrote:
It seems to make more sense to draw, then do extra action, then trash if you have any cards left.

"+1 Action" means "the number of Actions you can play this turn is increased by 1", not "interrupt this card's effect to play another Action immediately".
Indeed. +1 Action can be also described as "gain an action point"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All cards in Dominion (*) are always fully resolved before another card is played.

___________

(*) Unless a card indicates otherwise, like Procession (in order to fully follow its instructions, you will need to play another card first, then again, and then proceed with the remaining text on Procession.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. I was just confused about the bit about not having a card to trash, but I guess it could happen if you don't have a card to draw. I'll have to remember not to play as my last card (trashing a random card can be painful)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.