Popular Tags: [View All]
Evil Cookie
United Kingdom
London
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello,

When you draw a familiar in your hand from your deck as part of the first 6 cards. Is that part of your final hand and then you have cards to go to the village/dungeon? or can you put your familiar in front of you and draw another to make 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 21 of the rules, it states:

'At the start of your turn, if you have your familiar in your hand, place it face up in front of you once more. Do not draw an additional card to replace it.'

So the familiar will never be in your hand in either the dungeon or the village, and you will have to play out the rest of that turn with only 5 cards in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Ichirou wrote:
So the familiar will never be in your hand in either the dungeon or the village...

One nuance to this:

TS7 p.12 wrote:
Your hand consists of all cards you have drawn this turn and have present. Familiars are considered part of your hand.

So even when the Familiar is set aside for later use, it is still considered part of my hand. From this we could conclude (but not sure if this is right):

1) When discarding/destroying a card in my hand, my Familiar is a legal target. (E.g. Thunder Wrath could destroy my Familiar.)

2) Any card that referenced my hand size (e.g. Verdan) would include the Familiar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Austin
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darquil wrote:
Ichirou wrote:
So the familiar will never be in your hand in either the dungeon or the village...

One nuance to this:

TS7 p.12 wrote:
Your hand consists of all cards you have drawn this turn and have present. Familiars are considered part of your hand.

So even when the Familiar is set aside for later use, it is still considered part of my hand. From this we could conclude (but not sure if this is right):

1) When discarding/destroying a card in my hand, my Familiar is a legal target. (E.g. Thunder Wrath could destroy my Familiar.)

2) Any card that referenced my hand size (e.g. Verdan) would include the Familiar.

Yes. Both are true. If you hate your familiar so much, you can off him. But you never get another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.