Sword of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: E/S diplomacy options rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edgar Allan Chilly
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have several questions about E/S player diplomacy options:

1. Can E/S player make his alliance offer conditional, so only accepting alliance with both Etruscans and Samnites is possible? I know that the other players can later break the alliance with just one of these nations..

2. I have red here that, if Etruscans are allied to the Rome, E/S player can't play "anti Roman" event cards against Romans, "Vestal Impurity" was given as an example. Is this applied also to response cards as Caudine Forks? Works it also other way round, so in this situation is Roman player prohibited to play a card against Samnites, as "Fregellae Settled"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Negotiations in 15.1.1 suggests this possible. Otherwise it is nowhere stated that such a package deal is not allowed.

2. I haven't read anywhere that card events may not be played against an ally. Maybe it was in a previous edition of the rules. Please, specify where you have read it. It was not in 15.2 effects. I use v2.0 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Allan Chilly
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have red it here on forum

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7000546#7000546
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
True, the author is always right. 15.2.2 states you may not remove allied PC markers nor CUs. This means also not by means of event cards.

I wish this was clearer from the rules, as in our game group we had discussions about this. We played it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Allan Chilly
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chilly wrote:

2. I have red here that, if Etruscans are allied to the Rome, E/S player can't play "anti Roman" event cards against Romans, "Vestal Impurity" was given as an example. Is this applied also to response cards as Caudine Forks? Works it also other way round, so in this situation is Roman player prohibited to play a card against Samnites, as "Fregellae Settled"?

Really no thoughts on this second one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chilly wrote:
chilly wrote:

Really no thoughts on this second one?

What you've read was incorrect:
Living Rules 1.4, 15.1.2 wrote:
PLAY NOTE: Thus an alliance with the Etruscans means the Samnites are still hostile to you. Therefore an alliance with just the Etruscans or just the Samnites does not restrict the ability of the Etruscan/Samnite player to play negative events on their partial ally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Allan Chilly
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot! I have overlooked that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.