Hide
6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – Y-Wing Expansion Pack» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ion cannon, Y wing, questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
It says something like all dice are cancelled aftger a hit. Does this refer to evade dice, that it is impossible to apply evades? And would this also mean evade tokens ? On page 12, it says an evade token can be used to add another evade result to the dice roll. Does this mean the Ion cannon preeempts that? Does it mean the Ion cannon results in the evade token being discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the X-Wing Miniatures Game Rules forum to the Y-Wing Expansion Pack Rules forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
It says something like all dice are cancelled aftger a hit. Does this refer to evade dice, that it is impossible to apply evades?

No, the defense dice a rolled normally and can be used to cancel damage, as can the evade token.

The rule refers to the damage that is dealt. If the Ion Cannon hits (i.e. there is at least one uncancelled damage) then the target suffers one damage and receives an Ion Token. After that, all the dice are cancelled. This means that you do not apply any further damage.

Some examples:

If the result of the attack was three damage icons, then the Ion Cannon deals one damage and an Ion token - the dice are discarded, so no three damage.

If the result of the attack was three critical damage icons, then the Ion Cannon deals one damage and an Ion token - the dice are discarded, so no criticals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Forsberg
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the assumption that it meant that after applying all modifiers, you only apply one hit from the ion cannon, regardless of how many hits remain uncancelled at the end of combat.

Edit: What do I get when I take extra time to double check the rules? Ninja'd, that's what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Barrett
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Am I right in thinking shields still cancel hits for the ion?
So they are really only useful against unshielded targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
dice_pool wrote:
Am I right in thinking shields still cancel hits for the ion?
So they are really only useful against unshielded targets.

The damage caused by an ion cannon will be blocked by shields just like all damage but the target will still be under the movement restriction on the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.