Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Game/Card Game In Development - Looking for feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martyn Slack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi there

I am fairly new to the forums, although have visited it a number of times.

For the past couple of years I have been slowly developing a trading card which also features some form of a board (Mat - although it could be played without it)

I have gotten to the play testing stage and have quotes ready for the printing of the game, and artwork well under way (taking time due to me doing it )

I am posting as I would be interested in peoples feed back on the game and the rules IE what they think of the game, are the rules easy to follow, what would they change etc etc.

Would anyone be interested in doing this? I would be very grateful.

If you are interested people feel free to PM me to send me an e-mail (Martyn@ZidasStudios.com)

Thanks again for reading this post
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaxarias Faraggitakis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
Please, can you say more details about this game in general?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SweetShark wrote:
Please, can you say more details about this game in general?


+1. You've given us nothing, so far, to make us interested enough to send you an email or PM you. You've merely said that you're creating a game. Which is great! We'd love to hear about it! But please don't make us go out of our way just to find out even the tiniest detail.

Tell us the theme! Tell us what makes your game unique from other card games! Give us something, for crying out loud! This is the place to discuss game design, after all.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Slack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ah guys sorry about that - you are completely right, should have put more details in there

Zidas Begins …

For centuries, the peoples of Loria have been at war. Poets and historians have, for centuries, recounted tales of horror and victory, of tragedy and triumph. The Lorian Wars have resulted in heavy casualties on all sides. Now is your chance to fight for lasting peace or overwhelming destruction. As the newly-enthroned ruler of your kingdom, it is your charge to protect your race while holding back the onslaught of your opponents’ attacking forces.

But you do not head into battle alone. Thank the Gods, you have the assistance of a group of champions to help slay your opponents. On Loria, only the strongest and wisest ruler will win the day and protect his people . . . until the next great war begins.

Each player has a set amount of health stones, the player to lose all health stones is defeated.

There are a number of different cards in Zidas such as;

* Commoner Cards
* Character Cards
* Building Cards
* Ability Cards

The player uses their building cards to train up their commoners into characters, giving them an army of trained heros to defeat their opponents forces.

Character cards come in a variety of classes, each being able to preform different abilities.

In regards to the development of the game;

* Rule book is fairly complete - just needs fleshing out with images and example turns

* Play testing will be started soon

* Graphic art is currently being worked on

* Quotes received for printing (ready to be printed whenever)

* Digital version of the game is to start development shortly

Any questions let me know and thanks again for your interest

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a very visual person, and also fairly lazy, so to get my attention you would generally need to show some pictures! A couple of amazing sentences will also do the trick, but pictures are much easier.

It might help if you picked a couple of representative images and posted them here.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Slack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

here is an example of the actual card graphic.

The additional graphics IE the characters in the cards are being done in 3D so I should have an example of this shortly.



The icons might be changed as well (still deciding on that)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Slack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

Anyone else interested in giving some feed back?

I am working on redoing the icons in the card above as I am not 100% sure if I like them.

Currently trying to get some models done in Blender3D to try and improve on the Icons.

I am also working on one of the commoner card graphics for the rule book and will then be working on a character card.

I have a basic plan on the game logo, so will hopefully have a fleshed version of this done soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you just looking for feedback on how the card looks, for the moment? Because the Art and Graphic Design Forums will probably give you more useful feedback in that department.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Slack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

I was more looking for feed back on the actual game design and the rules - IE if they are easy to understand and general thoughts on the game
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZidasStudios wrote:
Hi

I was more looking for feed back on the actual game design and the rules - IE if they are easy to understand and general thoughts on the game


Um... okay. I don't know if we've heard enough about the rules and design to say anything beyond, "Well, that's somethin'."

Or were you hoping that people would PM or email you for the rules, read through them, and then post their thoughts and impressions here?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you send me a telepathic image of your game so I can see exactly what you are thinking, what it does and will look like, and how it will play?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Slack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

I was more looking for people to PM/Email me for me to send the rules to them and then get their feedback via email - so I can keep track of who has provided feedback etc.

I am new to the forums so I am sorry if this is not really allowed

kurthl33t wrote:
ZidasStudios wrote:
Hi

I was more looking for feed back on the actual game design and the rules - IE if they are easy to understand and general thoughts on the game


Um... okay. I don't know if we've heard enough about the rules and design to say anything beyond, "Well, that's somethin'."

Or were you hoping that people would PM or email you for the rules, read through them, and then post their thoughts and impressions here?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Slack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Oh I wish I had that ability

Would also make living with the g/f much easier hehe

colmustard21 wrote:
Can you send me a telepathic image of your game so I can see exactly what you are thinking, what it does and will look like, and how it will play?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's certainly ALLOWED, it's just awfully inefficient. These forums are a great resource with plenty of people willing to give useful feedback. Making us jump through a couple of hoops means you're going to get much less feedback.

:twocents:

ZidasStudios wrote:
Hi

I was more looking for people to PM/Email me for me to send the rules to them and then get their feedback via email - so I can keep track of who has provided feedback etc.

I am new to the forums so I am sorry if this is not really allowed

kurthl33t wrote:
ZidasStudios wrote:
Hi

I was more looking for feed back on the actual game design and the rules - IE if they are easy to understand and general thoughts on the game


Um... okay. I don't know if we've heard enough about the rules and design to say anything beyond, "Well, that's somethin'."

Or were you hoping that people would PM or email you for the rules, read through them, and then post their thoughts and impressions here?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.