7 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: House/Scenario Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack J.

Michigan
msg tools
Lots of talk about how the game can be gamed and the need for rule fixes. Personally its just our desire to win that allows us to see through rules and get to the path of least resistance for the win. YET....here are some interesting things to spice things up.

That's what is great about this game. It is easily adapted to groups.

Here are some House Rules or Scenario Rule ideas (I prefer scenario rules really).

#1. They're Coming!
Phil looks up and sees a cloud of dust on the horizon. He points it out to Amy and she smiles, something she didn't do even before the apocalypse. Someone is coming to rescue them! Ned slides down the fire escape from his perch on top of their safe house. "That's no rescue. That's a swarm of the creatures!" Suddenly the survivors are trapped. With precious few supplies they must find what they can and exit the area before the Swarm.

Rule: Survivors have 20 Turns until a swarm of zombies enter the area. Once 20 turns have passed spawn as normal BUT multiply Walker results by two. If you have the Walk of the Dead cards, draw from this deck after normal spawning. Walk of the Dead cards are used for one pre determined spawn point.

This rule/scenario would keep the survivors on their toes and moving. NOt sitting and searching nor slugging it out with zombies.

#2. SHUTUP!
Ned opens up with his dual shotguns. Hooting and hollaring the whole way. "Git sum! git sum," he shouts, clearly enjoying the wholesale slaughter. Amy rushes to him, zombie gore dripping from her katana. "Fool! Keep it down we don't want to attract atten..." From down the street they here the large dumpster being moved. The one they used to block off street access.

If noise counters on the total board number 9 or more an abomination is automatically spawned (place BEFORE normal spawning). He is coming to check things out. If an abomination is already replace with a fatty and two walkers.

You could even work combos of these I think. I haven't used these yet. So I am guessing on the times, like 9 noise counters and the 20 turns idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Objective of the first?

Not a bad addition with the second. Makes it a bit more interesting.

Thanks for the ideas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see your point... calling them "scenario rules" doesn't violate the spirit or letter of the actual rules.

It would be cool if the best of these house scenario options got collected into a list arranged by difficulty: noob to legendary, for example. Players could add to taste just like a video game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack J.

Michigan
msg tools
grouping by vet/noob or just threat level rankings would be a good idea. I haven't enough experience in the game yet to do that. Though I do think my club's HEAVY table top strategy background makes this a bit easier then I would have thought...or maybe the dice blessed us last night.

The first rule up there does seem more like a scenario in and of itself, or even an add on to a scenario but something we are toying with is a scenario where the survivors start in different zones...with a zone or two separating them. Then assign each survivor with a separate objective that must be completed. Only if a survivor is killed can someone else accomplish the other objective. You could make each one get a food stuff card, then have others get ammo, a certain weapon. Maybe assign a couple guard duty and they have to hold off an open door until the others get something from a building....

Then everyone head to the safe house...like the mission 08 Zombie Police

we found that by starting together we were better equipped before heading out...and even safer. Well...let's remove that safety. You can still group up but you have to find each other first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack J.

Michigan
msg tools
ALomst forgot this rule (house or scenario)

Cars
Cars can block movement. If placed across zones it can take 2 actions to cross over the car. They can block Line of sight for shooting, and be used to pen up zombies down dead end roads. Since zombies need 2 points to move over only walkers could do it effectively. If a survivor is on top fo the car zombies can still attack them....get on the other side!

This could be interesting tactic of driving around and penning up zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The blocking would be interesting, but what happens if you use multiple cars in one zone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack J.

Michigan
msg tools
Well the cars can park side by side if they are like they should be. The cut out car fits just like it would if it were a racing game so it should be pretty obvious how to place the cars in the boards to block movement or stop up a road. If they are side by side on the road then you block the road fairly easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.