6 Posts

Dune» Forums » Variants

Subject: Heretics of DUNE Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
george glass

Maine
msg tools
A 'Heretics of Dune' variant has been posted in the files section of the website. It is set after the Scattering during the events of Frank Herbert's excellent 'Heretics of Dune' novel.

The factions warring for Rakis are the Bene Gesserit, the Ixians, the Fish Speakers, the Bene Tleilax, the Rakian Priesthood, and the Honored Matres. New weapons, powers, and mechanics have been added. cool

Please give 'Heretics of Dune' a try! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pɹɐɥɔᴉɹ
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Careful. There is a minefield around here.
badge
BANG!! Don't step on the mines!
mbmbmbmbmb
Links to Map and Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
You should get a variant PBEM game going on this site...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Glenn said. Heretics and Chapterhouse were excellent novels that sadly Frank Herbert couldn't finish, and are deserving of a board game representation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GLENN239 wrote:
You should get a variant PBEM game going on this site...

I ran two pbem games of HoD and it seemed interesting. We kept making some tweaks because there were some balance issues (played with no alliances). Honored Matres have some significant strengths similar to the Harkonnen (the sexual subversions are worse than your leader going traitor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george glass
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At some point in the next few months, I will likely moderate a playtest of Heretics of Dune varient. Work will be very busy until then, but I do plan to try :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.