Subject: What Takes So Long? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gonzalez
Netherlands
Amsterdam
CE
flag msg tools
Several players have reported that the first scenario can take 3 hours or more. I'm wondering what drags out the play time? The hero and zombie mechanics are simple enough that I imagined the game would play quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no, the gameplay is quick, but it can take quite a long time to accomplish all the things the mission requires you to. I played it last night and at one point we got stuck in a place in the board for quite a while, because we couldn't clear our space so we could move, and more zombies kept coming, eventually we overwhelmed them and got moving again, but those things take time and you have to bide your time.

BTW, lost again. And had a lot of fun again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it 6 players last night and it took that long...

But it was out first try and some people were less experienced gamers so we had to go at their speed

Excellent & interesting game... not original but the style is fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunar Sol
msg tools
mb
The game can take a while to get used to all the options you have on your turn. Once you've gotten a couple of games in and you get accustomed to the flow of the game, turns go pretty quick as players know what they want to accomplish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Brandt
United States
Pittsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
Oh no, the gameplay is quick, but it can take quite a long time to accomplish all the things the mission requires you to.

This.

Also played the first scenario twice last night. It can take a while. There is an incentive to level all your players equally so you can handle the increase in difficulty. It is really a fun game. I like the design and the ramp up. It's ho hum at blue, interesting at yellow, at a blast at orange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.