Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Case for Arkham from Home Depot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Gedeon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently have Arkham, and the Dunwich expansion, and have been searching for a way to hold most of the game with the easiest set-up. I originally had the tokens in a plano box, and the cards in business card holders, which did work, but the cards would still have to be put away, and set up in the holders for each game. I happened to find a post that mentioned a possible storage solution from Home Depot for a D&D miniatures game, and decided to take a look at it for AH. So far, I am very pleased as it was just what I was looking for. Something I could use to keep all of the tokens, as well as cards in one storage container, and use during a game.

Case closed with carrying handle-

Case with only top open-

Case with both levels open-

The other nice thing about this is that all of the small containers on top, and the large containers on the bottom are all removable as well. This is again only with the one large expansion added, but I'm quite sure that other large and small expansions could be fit in as well with some simple rearranging. I may also just remove the location decks and look into the iOS Arkham Toolkit and use the location cards that way to free up even more space.

The downside is that I cannot fit the game boards themselves, or the large investigator, or GOO cards. With that exception, everything else can be played right from the box itself, which is a huge bonus for me. Of course this is not nearly as nice as most of the wooden custom boxes I have seen, but for only $30 right from the store this does the job for me at the moment.

Link for Home Depot case used-[url]http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202021301/h_d2/Produ...]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayumi Hakase
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant! Thanks for the tip and the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! Had to laugh when I saw this. Your Arkham case is the same toolbox that I store my everyday Craftsman tools for around the house. Very sturdy...almost commercial grade, especially the handle. I have 2 hammers, a SLEDGEhammer, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, etc. I use those little bins to hold picture screws and wire, nails, anchors, tacks, even some batteries, and a few other odds and ends.

Way to think outside the "box"!

Edit: Correction- Now that I look really close, I think mine is just a little different. It's basically this box, but with a deep well under all the storage trays, which are removable, to store larger hand tools.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.