Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Ham
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It had an interesting mechanic in which both a point score and an opportunity score (i.e., what sort of advantage each player had going into a round) were tracked. As I recall, the opportunity score didn't have much gameplay impact.

The game was a bit like Vinci... I think it involved playing various civilizations over time.

Does this ring any bells?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simenzo wrote:
It had an interesting mechanic in which both a point score and an opportunity score (i.e., what sort of advantage each player had going into a round) were tracked. As I recall, the opportunity score didn't have much gameplay impact.

The game was a bit like Vinci... I think it involved playing various civilizations over time.

Does this ring any bells?

Might be Civilization or History of the World They are not eaxct matches, but dimly remmberd might be close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Ham
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I think you're right about it being "History of the World." I was just glancing at the rules and it isn't exactly how I remember, but it's been at least fifteen years since I've played it so I have to factor in my faulty memory. I think the game's victory point and preeminence markers is the dual scoring mechanic I was remembering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.