Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our monthly war game night at SNEW (Southern New England Wargamers) last night saw two game of No Retreat! The Russian Front going on the same table. Both games were campaign games.
I played the Axis vs. Bob M.'s Russians. I pushed hard for the three objective victory and grabbed Moscow early. I later had taken Sevastopol and then Stalingrad, but failed to hold onto Moscow that turn. I raced for the oil fields, but took them turn 12, when the initiative turns over and the Axis require 4 objective hexes. A day late and a objective short.
The rest of the game was the German's retreating from the now all red horde.
At initiative turn over, I was at 22 VPs, on turn 21 Berlin fell tying that score for the Russians. I resigned at that point since I just did not have enough to stop another city from falling in the next two turns.
We made some rules mistakes, but had a lot of fun playing this for just over 8 hours, ending near 2AM.
I made a huge mistake not fighting the Russian horde back across the steppes. I traded too much ground to avoid slowing the red menace down and that turned out to be a big mistake.
Truly epic moments through out due to the interesting card play. Big thumbs up on this game!

Both games under way. Russian collusion caught on camera!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heap Senhouse
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Damn! Sorry I missed all that action!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that a game of Bughouse No Retreat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.