Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot find any reference in the rules or FAQ to what the Stop icon on hunt tiles actually does.

P19 of the rules says that all Shadow Special tiles have the Stop Icon (see later), and below that is a picture of the tile & icon...but no explanation of what it does.

Or, have I just missed the explanation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
The stop icon on the Shadow special tiles mean that the Fellowship isn't allowed to move on the Mordor Track if such an icon is present on the drawn tile.

Example:

The Fellowship moves in Mordor and the Frodo and Sam figure is moved one step on the Mordor track.

Now the Hunt tile drawn bears a stop icon, the Frodo and Sam figure is moved back again to where they were before atempting to move in Mordor.

It is in the rules on page 21 in the English rule book:

"Normally the Fellowship would advance one step on the Mordor
Track when moving. However, if the tile shows a “Stop” icon, the
Fellowship remains on the same step and does not move forward."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew, I'm just blind after all

Thanks for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mörck
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmb
Gomez wrote:
Whew, I'm just blind after all

Thanks for that!

Heh, you're not the only one. I picked this game up yesterday and am playing against myself to learn the rules. I find the rulebook a bit backwards somehow, and I spent a long time looking for the meaning of that little stop symbol. Thank you Kristofer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.