Subject: LEGO geek? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Lets go Celts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know of a LEGO site similar to BGG? or if BGG is going down the LEGO road? I have found couple of sites that are alright for tracking down sets and instructions, but nothing as complete as BGG. Please list any sites that you particularly like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'd geekmail this guy and ask. He's pretty big into Legos.
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
Anyone know of a LEGO site similar to BGG? or if BGG is going down the LEGO road? I have found couple of sites that are alright for tracking down sets and instructions, but nothing as complete as BGG. Please list any sites that you particularly like.

The first was lugnet.com, which is supposed to be revitalized this Summer but has been languishing for many years sadly.

Brickset.com however has picked up the torch and is good for set tracking/collections.

peeron.com is another for not only tracking sets/collections, but the pieces in each set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Lets go Celts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please can they combine them all into a BGG awesomeness site!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Lets go Celts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Further research has found that Brickset is very awesome, not quite BGG awesome but great none the less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
Further research has found that Brickset is very awesome, not quite BGG awesome but great none the less.

Yes, it is! But also check out www.bricklink.com! It's great for finding exact pieces, seeing all the colors a particular piece was ever produced in, and buying bits and pieces of stuff to "complete" a lego set.

My kid (6) wanted a lego star-wars AT-AT walker for xmas, so I got the PDF instructions (prolly from brickset), went through his existing legos, and then ordered the bib-n-bobs that he didn't have from various folks on bricklink... waaaayyyyy coool! And way cheaper than just buying an (older) set outright. AND (maybe more importantly), I got to mess around with legos in a very geeky way, reading those tiny part numbers, getting side-tracked onto other sets, etc, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.