Cité» Forums » Rules

Subject: 3 player game - do we each get a red building? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
been been
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
In the 4 player game, each player gets the buildings of one color. In the 3 player game, you leave red (weaver/fabric) out. The rules state that each other player is allowed to build one small weaver shop. Does that mean each player gets one additional building - a small red weaver shop- to be built in their district? Also,what advice do people have for choosing who plays blue in the 3 player game? Is it an advantage or disadvantage to have a straight border rather than a right angle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, each player gets exactly one red building - a small weaver shop.

The perceived blue player's advantage can also be a disadvantage. If you build anything right in the corner of the yellow or green district, you can negotiate with both neighbours, as the building would border on both districts. Which actually means that both would benefit (depending on the building.
However, all players usually start from building their starting city from the middle on out (I don't know anymore if that might even be a rule). If you houserule this part so that the yellow and the green player can only place a building in the corner that will only benefit themselves, the major advantage of both districts can be avoided.

Then there is the narrowness of green and yellow, which can be an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on your city planning. This one highly depends on the players, so I would not worry about it.

Overall, the blue player does not have a major advantage - it only looks that way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.