United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/840635/mmp-pre-order-e-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
billyboy wrote:

Too much ASL for me in this one. Even more than issue 1 and 2.

I thought this was going to be a house magazine? This is the 3rd edition with an overload of ASL content. No doubt attractive to those that play ASL. The crossover of ASL players to non ASL titles must be very high.

But not really justified if I am looking for articles on OCS, The Gamers titles or any other MMP titles.

Nothing on the GTS system?
snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
billyboy wrote:

Thanks forposting the buy list Bill, very practical.

I thought this was going to be a house magazine? This is the 3rd edition with an overload of ASL content. No doubt attractive to those that play ASL. The crossover of ASL players to non ASL titles must be very high.

But not really justified if I am looking for articles on OCS, The Gamers titles or any other MMP titles.

snore

There's 60 OCS errata and variant counters Kev.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Placing order now!!!! LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:

Had a feeling that would do it Kev!
A Victory Complete: The Battle of Tannenberg, 1914 is a really good game to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rexbinary
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up, ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Gan
Philippines
Quezon City
NCR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn, couldn't resist... ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billyboy wrote:
hipshot wrote:

Had a feeling that would do it Kev!
A Victory Complete: The Battle of Tannenberg, 1914 is a really good game to.

Now you've got me interested, Bill. The game is the only reason I'd buy this. Would you say that it's worth the price in and of itself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:

snore

Well Kev, you can only print the material that is available. If you only have ASL-stuff, well, that's it.

I remember an earlier edition where they ask for material from gamers / readers for gamers / readers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Alphawolf wrote:
hipshot wrote:

snore

Well Kev, you can only print the material that is available. If you only have ASL-stuff, well, that's it.

I remember an earlier edition where they ask for material from gamers / readers for gamers / readers.

Wolfgang,
There was a call for articles?
That is a shame that the community is not supporting the magazine. I would have hoped that the designers, play testers, and player community would chip in.
I've written for some of the publisher mags when asked to, not for MMP however. Given the # of players out there and good AARS I am surprised they can't get some solid content. How many copies do they make/print?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:

Wolfgang,
There was a call for articles?
That is a shame that the community is not supporting the magazine. I would have hoped that the designers, play testers, and player community would chip in.
I've written for some of the publisher mags when asked to, not for MMP however. Given the # of players out there and good AARS I am surprised they can't get some solid content. How many copies do they make/print?

Wait 'til you get the mag. At least there should be a contact address if they didn't ask for articles again. I assume some don't want to go thru the hassle sending in articles an waiting for seeing it gettin' printed.

I would love to see articles that help new players get into OCS f. ex. Something like OCS 101. Or an AAR where one can follow a series of moves / turns of a game.

Also I'm not sure about their terms-of-trade so to say. I know that there are companies that call it "exclusive content" once they agree to publish it and you are not allowed to post it f. ex. on the geek or your own webside. This might be a hindrance but as said I don't know MMPs policy here.

Alas, I would love to see the mag prosper like the GMT one. Love to get my errata-counters with a mag and no DYO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
well there are lots of guys who know the big game systems let us hope they can find the time to write an article or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.