43 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: A game you are very excited to play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Plantenberg
msg tools
The title says it all, what board game are you excited to play, it could be in a few months, or maybe even as far out as next year. I would have to say my choice is Mice and Mystics. I heard about the game two weeks ago, and shrugged it off thinking that mice with swords could only win my heart again if they stood alongside moles, otters, badgers and hares, but I am excited to play. Now yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trajan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game currently at the very top of my can't-wait-to-play-it list is the soon to be published Armored Knights North Africa: Operation Crusader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Wars Arena no doubt and always Le Havre
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trajan for me as well!.....but also King of Tokyo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Steward
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
Archipelago is mine. Looks great, can't wait to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I really want to play King of Tokyo. Seems like it's between print runs, though, and I don't have the moolah now, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
1817 has been growing on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United States
glennallen
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smash Up and P.I.

I also want to check out Mice and Mystics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Android: Netrunner hands down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
Man, I really want to play King of Tokyo. Seems like it's between print runs, though, and I don't have the moolah now, anyway.

King of Tokyo is a remarkable game. Sure, it's simple, but it does exactly what it tries to do, and it does it well. It may seem like a minor accomplishment, but so many games show promise and then go straight off the rails. This game works with non-gamers, is terrific with teens, but is enjoyable for gamers too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
The game I really want to play is 1834. Unfortunately, there's no firm availability date, so patience is required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:

JC, you weren't that taken with the game after you first tried it. What has emerged to make your opinion go up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
The game I most want to play that I have not yet tried is Android: Infiltration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OGRE and battle for alabaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited to play Claustrophobia in a few days, and Sentinels of the Multiverse, which I will be getting in the mail in the next few weeks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Eric Brosius wrote:
clearclaw wrote:

JC, you weren't that taken with the game after you first tried it. What has emerged to make your opinion go up?

I remain not-entirely-convinced. This is not to say that the game is numerically unsound, but that I'm not entirely sure it is sufficiently interesting for the unjustified labour present in the game. There is so much enforced and yet mostly-meaningless protocol layers built onto the game (such as the whole float a company->suck the money out->let it go into liquidation iteration through the mid-game) that it is rather a chore.

What has been catching my attention however is valuation, specifically the valuation of companies during acquisition. Just how much are a set of tokens worth? How exactly are loans to measured in such an acquisition? I've had several viable 6+ token companies while still in the 3Ts...but was the cost worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:

Save up and get the expansion as well. The new abilities for the monsters is going to be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helenoftroy wrote:
Smash Up and P.I.

I also want to check out Mice and Mystics.

Smash Up is a fantastic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree fully with King of Tokyo. Great fun.

I was really excited about my copy of Morels arriving here in Bangkok. Ironically, it arrived today, the same day that Bangkok Klongs is shipping to me.

Now I get the excitement of playing something new and waiting for my new game to arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
World War II: Barbarossa 1941

Spent a lot of time preparing to play it, playtested once. Now it is time to let loose. I can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sgt stiffler
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would have to be Julius Caesar. Just ordered it. Will be my first "fog of war" game. (Aside from Stratego.) Recent video review I watched here on BGG sold me on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More Android: Netrunner. More X-Wing Miniatures, especially with my nephews. And more Fiasco/Durance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:

Ditto! Can't wait for my copy to arrive...

Also Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small, my copy hasn't arrived yet.

But in reality, when my family members want to play any board game in my collection, I get excited, since it is them who initiates the session rather than myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul Shabatowski wrote:
World War II: Barbarossa 1941

Spent a lot of time preparing to play it, playtested once. Now it is time to let loose. I can't wait!

As someone who bought Samurai Battles, a tip of the hat to you for getting through the assembly stage. I know it's going to be awesome when I'm done but getting there is a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.