Subject: Rudder Jams rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris gibson
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does the rudder jam apply for the remainder of the game or only for the next full turn after the damage is inflicted ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Key
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the next full turn... afaik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Tom, perfectly right! Thanks for the quick answer!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was omitted in the German rules. Thank you for clarification!

How about the rule that a plane gets out of control and crashes when playing an illegel move. When I get the rudder damage in the beginning or middle of the round, there are still one or two cards to be resolved. If one of these is the now forbidden turn, will I crash?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
This was omitted in the German rules. Thank you for clarification!

How about the rule that a plane gets out of control and crashes when playing an illegel move. When I get the rudder damage in the beginnung or middle of the round, there are still one or two cards to be resolved. If one of these is the now forbidden turn, will I crash?

The rudder jam only means you cannot select that turn direction in the next turn of the game (the next set of cards you choose). So you're OK for the rest of that turn. Think of the whole turn as one action. Your rudder damage is taken as a whole throughout that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And, while we find few cases of "illegal" moves, we've also found just making the card a simple straight is an easier way to deal with the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Evans
United States
Madison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys - this was one question I had when playing the game, and have yet to use this optional rule because I couldn't find the "definitive" answer. I like kduke's solution, but kduke, do you play just ONE straight or THREE straights.
I only have Famous Aces so far - are the "illegal" moves written in some other sets rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from choosing to do a turn on the series of cards AFTER you get a rudder jam, there are only two "illegal" moves:

Not playing a straight before and after an Immelmann, or playing two of the 'stall' cards in a row.

Turning a single "illegal" card play into a straight "cures" the problem-- so if someone plays an immelmann without a straight, then the immelmann becomes a straight. If they play something after an immelmann that isn't a straight-- it becomes a straight. And if they play 2 stalls in a row-- turning that 2nd card into a straight solves the problem...

I guess you could say not playing a stall as one of your three cards when you have an engine damage would be illegal also... that might be one time to go with the original and have that move cause the plane to go down... I've just never seen anyone do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.