Subject: Music inspired by Avalon Hill rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
My mind first tricked me into seeing "Windham Hill" and I had a panic attack from my months spent working in Barnes & Noble's Music section. Deep breaths....

No, this is cool stuff. I thought I heard some Henry Cow in there and, sure enough found after some digging, he's worked closely with those folks. Thanks for sharing! Speaking just for myself, I've always felt like my appreciation for challenging music and challenging board games came from the same place (not to say I always understand either; I just like experiencing them!). How cool would it be to have a deeper discussion about games and music with Zorn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daleks stole my lunch box
France
Morbihan
flag msg tools
designer
Press 'X' to feel emotions.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great find, thank you!

Having a series of names you're familiar with is useful when you need to name a series of things. I name the music pieces I'm working on after Dr Who episode titles, it's easier to remember than "untitled 6"

BrenoK wrote:

Oh, it is very noisy and avant-garde-ish, though its composer should definitely not be taken as a hack, as many are quick to dismiss him as being one.

Zorn is a musical genius, with a knack for finding talented people and making them work play together. I honestly can't count how many musicians I've heard say collaborating with John Zorn was one of the best moments of their musical career. There may be idiots and elitist snobs who call him a hack, but looking at the extatic faces the musicians make on the video is all the answer you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Awesome!

Listening to his Youtube playlist right now - this stuff is good. Very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Every weirdo in the world is on my wavelength
badge
We carry a new world here, in our hearts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.