Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't say so in the book, but I would assume you would to maintain consistancy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Since the ghost captain is a ghost, do you fight him with spirit as well?
In the book?! Do you have it? Were they selling it at GenCon? TELL US MORE!!!!!! surprisewowsurprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Herbert

Goose Creek
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dish Man Dish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Herbert

Goose Creek
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Egads ! What a cliffhanger .................
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What else is in the book?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight Rider wrote:
What else is in the book?!?

...and the box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh sorry I found the answer in the book devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there were selling them at gencon

4 villians:
A horde of Ghosts called the Sunken Seven
The Siren
Ghost Ship
And the Dreamweaver (think Freddy Kruger)

Some other cool things:
-new map that would go to the right of other maps with three new areas where they have their own decks: abandoned ship, smugglers cove, and the lighthouse
-3 new elders who start with 2 secrets
-more cards for the base game
-the kraken, which pops up once in a while
-keys, that you go to a random location to use
- a secret passage to the abandoned keep
4 new characters
Tons of other stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Herbert

Goose Creek
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Dream Weaver on the front of the box , if not is he a Indian ? On the back of the box is that a sleepless token up there in the right ? An effect from the Dreamweaver perhaps ? Downgrades your abilities ?

Harpies a Siren minion ? Does the Siren have all female minions ? Is she less effective against female heroes ?

I assume the Ghost Ship can go anywhere. What about the Lost Ship, coast only ?

Sunken Seven, 7 small showdowns ? As they are defeated the remainder get more powerful ? They form together " voltron-style" for the showdown ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dreamweaver is not on the box cover; it actually has the worst villian art I have seen yet. She looks like a young lady with a bad black simple halloween costume and a red blindfold over her eyes. If the hair was wet a scraggly and falling over her face, and if she looked more haggard and old, it would have looked MUCH more scary, especially with the blindfold.

Harpies are a siren minion. Haven't played her but she looks tough! Good art too.

The ghostship and lost ship are limited to an area called the icy waters. The marker for both ships are on the same marker. One on front, one on the back.

The sunken seven are the minions seperately, and together they are a group for the showdown. When you defeat them in minion form (they all start the game in random locations), you get their bones, which can be used as a bonus for the showdown. The good thing about the seven is that they force you to use all four skills, not just combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ghost ship has a main minion, the ghost captain, which will appear on the board and attack you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't see it, but I'm doing a happy dance right now. The money cannot fly out of my wallet for this quick enough.
---MS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Herbert

Goose Creek
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So the ghost ship doesn't need a lair card , it's always there ? You couldn't random pick it as a villain if you used just the main board ?Could the Dream Weaver be meant to be unassuming like here's this little blind woman, what threat could she be ? Do you have to fight the Sunken Seven as minions and get their bones to do the Showdown ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M00NSYLVER wrote:
You can't see it, but I'm doing a happy dance right now. The money cannot fly out of my wallet for this quick enough.
---MS

My plastic is also burning,but I have to wait till CSI gets
my preorder in stock,probably a month or so.

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Erickson
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Since the ghost captain is a ghost, do you fight him with spirit as well? *spoilers*

Myoman wrote:
It doesn't say so in the book, but I would assume you would to maintain consistancy.

Answer: NO

The Ghost Ship
Villian, Ghost, Construct
Combat *
Wounds 12

Fog Shrouded Waters: Any time a Hero would fight the ship outside a showdown they fight the Ghost Captain. During a showdown the Ghost Ship has combat equal to the Ghost Captians Fight Dice (see "Where's my Gold?!" ability)

Cursed Gold: Lair Cost is always 3, each lair card leads to a piece of gold. Pay the cost of the layer card to collect a cursed gold marker. each marker gives +1 Fight dice against the Ghost Ship.

Lost at Sea: Hero needs at least 1 cursed gold to start a showdown. A showdown may only be started in the Icy Waters space. The cost is the cost to buy a layer card on the showdown track.

Ship of the Dead: Any time the lost ship would appear trigger a barrage event on the minion chart. Any time a murder card is played, place the ghost captain in that location and ghost pirates in 2 additional random locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Herbert

Goose Creek
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you use all the town elders from both maps at the same time ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Erickson
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jherbert29 wrote:
Do you use all the town elders from both maps at the same time ?

Yes. Normal Elders have 1 secret, the new ones start with 2.

Also if a card says pick the elder with highest, lowest stat, roll off ties if there are 2 with the same stat. If it says elder with stat = X, then all with stat of X are picked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.