Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I participated in the Overlord event at GenCon 2012 on Saturday evening. It was great. We played a scenario from the scenarios included with the newly released Equipment Pack. The first two scenarios can be played individually or linked into an Overlord game. The defense of the British withdrawal from Dunkirk is the subject of both scenarios.

My team was playing the Germans and got beat by the defending French 11 medals to 8. The event was organized by Richard Borg and Brad Bell who has written scenarios for Campaign Book 2.

There were three games going at once. One group had participated in the Overlord session for the past 4 or 5 GenCons. The other two groups were put together by who happened to be standing together.

One memory from the session was Olof from Sweden. He was on his first trip to the United States specifically to attend GenCon. He had never played Mem 44 before and jumped into the deep end with enthusiasm playing on the French side.

Memoir '44 is truly an international game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very happy to have more attention devoted to Overlord at GenCon! I've always felt that Overlord should be distinguished as a stand alone 2-8 player game, and compared apart from vanilla M44 to other light war games. It certainly stands on its own, and the extra pieces can only make it a better game. Thanks for the report!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amen, Randy. Maybe we can get Olaf back next year for round two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.