Subject: Question about the recyclicrab card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone clarify how the Recyclicrab card works? It appears to have no function, other than serving as trash for other mechana constructs... If you discard it, its no longer in play and its text ability is no longer in effect... So how can you possibly ever return it to your hand from the discard pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ngwilliam wrote:
Can anyone clarify how the Recyclicrab card works? It appears to have no function, other than serving as trash for other mechana constructs... If you discard it, its no longer in play and its text ability is no longer in effect... So how can you possibly ever return it to your hand from the discard pile?

--discard fodder comes to mind, but also...

--triggering effects that occur on "when you play a mech construct" (e.g. Mark Burrower II, Socket Altar, Syncrhonizer, Personal Wormhole)
--Scrap Flinger to get an additional +2 power

... that's about it for now, but the 2nd bullet point does seem powerful, as it's easy access to it being able to fish it out of the discard pile (although a PITN to rememember I'd bet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true that normally a construct's ability is only active while it's in play. But since the card specifically says it has a special ability which triggers while it's in the discard pile, it breaks that rule. While I haven't read the Immortal Heroes rulebook, I can't imagine that the designers would make the card intending for its ability to be unusable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fredin
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This uses the same ability as PRIME from storm of souls. I would assume they fall under "if a card's text disagrees with the rules, the card over rules."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
mbmbmb
ngwilliam wrote:

It's a deceptively powerful card for Mechana-focused decks:

1. With Autobuilder 5.0 in play, discard Recyclicrab for a 2 rune discount on all Mechana constructs that turn.

2. Play another Mechana Construct that turn to bring it back.

3. Play Scrap Flinger to toss it back into the discard pile for +4 power.

With a perfect Honor:Value ratio and it's low cost (3 rune), it's a great mid-to-late game buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fouts
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:
ngwilliam wrote:

It's a deceptively powerful card for Mechana-focused decks:

1. With Autobuilder 5.0 in play, discard Recyclicrab for a 2 rune discount on all Mechana constructs that turn.

2. Play another Mechana Construct that turn to bring it back.

3. Play Scrap Flinger to toss it back into the discard pile for +4 power.

With a perfect Honor:Value ratio and it's low cost (3 rune), it's a great mid-to-late game buy.

Part 1 doesn't work. Autobuilder 5.0 specifically reads "...destroy this..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max A
msg tools
So I know this thread is ancient, but...destroying constructs IS discarding them (not banishing them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.