Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just worked my way through the Lonely Gamers Video Series, and now am about to punch and give this a go.

Have a friend coming over tomorrow who would really enjoy something like this and am looking for advice from anyone who has played these Leader games with a friend.

Are they fun with two? Not too much down time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Phantom leader with a friend. It was fun to speculate and talk about planes, arms and tactics. And with another to check that all should happen correctly is really helpful at least when eight planes attacked heavily defended site. But I really don't know if there is enough game for two if another plays some of the planes or enemy.

I think that if you want to really _play_ something, the excitement of beating another (or winning this game) in fight this is not a good choice. But if you want good excuse to talk about planes arms etc and just have some good time I think this is even more fun to play with a fiend than to play it alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My nephew and I played TAL together when I first got the game. We discussed mission planning and target selection.

We split the aircraft up and he would command one or two and I would take one or two. On the battlefield we discussed tactics and cheered (or cursed) our luck with the die.

All in all, it was great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hogan
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevin, that is exactly how I envision running any two player Leader series game. The focus presumably shifts towards the social interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.