Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Moscow -- Famed American bumpkin Hank Williams, Jr. concluded his six country Goodwill Concert Tour of various former Soviet Union states by being beaten and dragged off the stage when he referred to Vladimir Putin as, "a Muslim who hates Chess, freedom, and football." Members of the secret Russian Beatings Squad leapt to the stage almost before Williams finished his comment, and proceeded to hit him with microphone stands, assorted percussion instruments, and gaffing supplies from the wings. Fans of the inveterate country buffoon shouted antagonistic slogans at his attackers, but since they were speaking Russian nobody knows what they said. Mr. Williams is reported to be in fine condition in a gulag far away from any possible sympathy for his plight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That's odd. because I thought Putin had converted to Islam after Obama gave him that stellar blow job in the Lincoln bedroom.

And in other news, Hank Williams Jr. continues to have more money than all his critics combined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tscook wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
That's odd. because I thought Putin had converted to Islam after Obama gave him that stellar blow job in the Lincoln bedroom.

And in other news, Hank Williams Jr. continues to have more money than all his critics combined.

And statistically insignificant talent compared to his father or son.

Lissen' up boy...

Hank 3 wants so bad to be an Outlaw Country act that he actually wears marijuana leaf t-shirts from The Gap and steps on his cheap straw hats to "look outlaw". He's the Austin, Texas equivalent of the New York metrosexual hipsters who buy retro clothes off eBay and wear long scarves so people will suspect they are hip, cultured and destined for future greatness.

He can sing okay. If you don't mind listening to someone working harder to sound like a white trash outlaw than actually just singing. Scott H. Biram makes Hank 3 look like a poser. Because, well, he is a poser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
There no reason to say bad things about Austin, it's the only redeeming thing about TX.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hank Jr. stands alone. Dude owned country music for decades and made records at a pace that modern artists cannot even begin to approach.

Not as impressive as his Dad, but still a legend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goodwill Concert Tour, well that worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceGhost wrote:
Hank Jr. stands alone. Dude owned country music for decades and made records at a pace that modern artists cannot even begin to approach.

Seems to me Garth Brooks has sold more albums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
Is hating on Putin the new thing to do for unknown musicians trying to become famous?

Apparently even the famous ones, like Madonna, are also getting in on the act - something about Putin's "unorthodox" connection to the Orthodox Church:

Madonna also has angered conservative Russians with her support for Pussy Riot. Three members of the punk band were sentenced Friday to two years in prison for a protest inside Moscow's main cathedral against Vladimir Putin and his cozy relationship with the Russian Orthodox Church. - USAToday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
There no reason to say bad things about Austin, it's the only redeeming thing about TX.

Excuse me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I've lived in Austin and Midland, worked in Odessa. Spent a good deal of time in Dallas and Houston. And also read the news.

Austin is nice. Texas as a whole, not so much. Especially the political climate and the anti-science sentiment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Well I've lived in Austin and Midland, worked in Odessa. Spent a good deal of time in Dallas and Houston. And also read the news.

Austin is nice. Texas as a whole, not so much. Especially the political climate and the anti-science sentiment.

I grew up in the Rio Grande Valley, near Brownsville. Hot and blazes but I never owned a house-key and crime in that town was practically unheard of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I grew up in the Rio Grande Valley, near Brownsville. Hot and blazes but I never owned a house-key and crime in that town was practically unheard of.

But you aren't there now are you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
whac3 wrote:
jmilum wrote:

But you aren't there now are you?

No, but if I wanted to live in the US, probably that would be about the best place to raise a family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceGhost wrote:

Family Tradition is a can't-miss choice for any karaoke night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
SpaceGhost wrote:

Oh good lord.

Family Tradition
Black Velvet
American Pie
The Dance
Friends in Low Places
Margaritaville
Love Shack
Summer Nights

Shoot me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
SpaceGhost wrote:

Oh good lord.

Family Tradition
Black Velvet
American Pie
The Dance
Friends in Low Places
Margaritaville
Love Shack
Summer Nights

Shoot me

My go-to is now and will forever be "You Never Even Called Me By My Name."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.