Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Skull» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Start of the hand" simulataneous?; Revealed cards; Final card clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
shrey
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just purchased this game an have a couple of questions after reading the rules:

1) The rules state about the "Start of the hand" step:
"Each player secretly looks at the hidden face of the cards kept in the hand, then chooses a single one to be placed face down on their mat."

Does everyone select this first card simultaneously? And after this step we move onto the "Placement of cards" step?

2) At the end of a challenge what happens to the revealed cards? I assume on a failed challenge the skull is discarded to the box? Whether it's a successful or failed challenge, do the revealed roses also get discarded? Or do they return to the players hand?

3) Under "Special situations..." on page 8 the rules state:
"...for a player who only has one card remaining:
- Card placement phase:
if he is the first player of it reaches his turn, he MUST issue a challenge."

Assuming the answer to my first question is "yes", and all players have played one card during the "Start of the hand" step, does this rule apply when the player has one card remaining in hand? That is how i read this rule, but I don't understand why it would be that way.

thanks,
-shrey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. All players start with one card on their mat.

2) All cards go back to the hands of their players (other than the card that is lost due to a failed challenge).

3) It's if a player has one card *total*. Since everyone starts with one card in front of them already, then that player cannot play a card if it reaches their turn, and they are required to begin the challenge.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shrey
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamethyme wrote:
1) Yes. All players start with one card on their mat.

2) All cards go back to the hands of their players (other than the card that is lost due to a failed challenge).

3) It's if a player has one card *total*. Since everyone starts with one card in front of them already, then that player cannot play a card if it reaches their turn, and they are required to begin the challenge.

Eric

Thanks for the fast response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.