Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

What's the point of objective hexes in this scenario if they're not worth VPs? The Japanese control 3 at start and the CW control the other 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
joe6778 wrote:
What's the point of objective hexes in this scenario if they're not worth VPs? The Japanese control 3 at start and the CW control the other 2.

Take a look at E67: Mission Objective and E76: Strategic Objective as possible events in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In any scenario, you can draw objective chits during the game that add VPs for some or all objectives.

Also, there are some cards that when played treat objectives differently. For example, an objective you control is a "friendly hex" even if you don't have a unit in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe6778 wrote:

Because Event E76 might come up:

E76. Strategic Objective

When this event occurs, one objective chit is drawn at random and placed face up (“open”) in the center section of the Objectives Box for
both players to see.

This new objective chit does not replace any existing chits—it is used in conjunction with them. And if this new chit references one or more mapboard objectives, remember to award those victory points to the objectives’ current controller right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the quick reply.

I don't think I'll play this scenario out to completion even with the possible objective hex VPs:

Japanese: 27VPs, CW:0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
joe6778 wrote:

I realize what you are trying to say, but don't forget that the game only records net VPs, not individual totals.

Sounds like the Japanese either eliminated a lot of CW units and/or exited quite a few units to have that commanding of a VP lead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
joe6778 wrote:
I don't think I'll play this scenario out to completion even with the possible objective hex VPs:

I've found that giving up is never a good strategy in CC. Too many astounding twists of fate can combine with good play (and bad play by the side with the lead).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
elbmc1969 wrote:
joe6778 wrote:

I've found that giving up is never a good strategy in CC. Too many astounding twists of fate can combine with good play (and bad play by the side with the lead).

Hear, hear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elbmc1969 wrote:

My usual opponent gives up way too much. I got schooled playing CC yesterday, against a different opponent, whom I expected to give up once I got off to a good start, and I got overconfident and he ground me down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I restarted scenario B. I'm behind again by over 10VPs because the CW is getting creamed in melee and regular fire attacks are doing little damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.