United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to pick a bone, as I love this game, but this rules companion is a mess.

Nightmist's name is misspelled on the second page in the header.

The Argent Adept's ability description says "...must be activated be..." (should said "by."

The villain bio title for The Ennead is titled "The Operative." Also, the first instance of this is on page 6, but this page, as well as the one after repeat with the number 8-9 as well. Lastly, it says "..spent years scouring the Saraha..." I assume this was intended to be the Sahara.

I don't know if this was a last minute deal getting this ready for Gencon, but these are some pretty big blunders, duders. I point this out with the hopes that the reprint will amend these mistakes to keep the game awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the copies at gencon are the same print run as the rest which will arrive here by boat, so unfortunately the typos are probably in all copies and not just a result of the rush to Gencon.

The online copy of the rules doesn't have the heading issues, but it does have the "activated be" and "saraha". Also Nightmist's ability description says "as shown to the here:". Presumably that should be "as shown here" or "as shown to the right". I kind of like the sound of it though, maybe that should be a figure of speach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This in no way impedes game play, btw. The core rules don't change so much with this expansion that these typos/extra pages change anything. I just thought I'd post about it. Maybe the publisher didn't even notice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
This in no way impedes game play, btw. The core rules don't change so much with this expansion that these typos/extra pages change anything. I just thought I'd post about it. Maybe the publisher didn't even notice.

Hah, I assure you, we noticed. It was horrifying to open that rulebook. *shudder*

We have an updated rulebook pdf on the website: www.sentinelsofthemultiverse.com

Thank you for your understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems typical fare to have some typo action in board/card game rules; worry not!

I enjoy the game quite a bit and look forward to the next expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skjoldulfr wrote:
Action Phase wrote:

Hah, I assure you, we noticed. It was horrifying to open that rulebook. *shudder*

We have an updated rulebook pdf on the website: www.sentinelsofthemultiverse.com

I thought one of you >G guys held a BA in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
foxtrot2620 wrote:
Skjoldulfr wrote:
Action Phase wrote:

I thought one of you >G guys held a BA in English.

*MORE SHAME*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
I said this to Christopher directly at PAX this weekend, but from now on The Ennead is going the be referred to only as "The Operative" in my gaming group. devil

The good news is that the cards themselves are 100% typo-free as far as we've been able to tell, and the new stuff is absolutely amazing. We played a game last night with the all three new heroes (plus Mr. Fixer and The Wraith) against Gloomweaver, and each new hero's player was absolutely GUSHING about how much they enjoyed it. We kind of steamrolled Gloomweaver, but that was because The Wraith is still OP and Nightmist had the perfect turn 1 AoE to wipe the initial Zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.