Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Guth
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies for the ASCII art here, but I have a couple of placement questions. Can cards be played such that they connect to "smooth" edges of other cards, provided that they leave at least one opportunity for further growth?

For example, my opponent built a creature like this (arrows representing single-path tentacles)

6 cards, 2x3 grid, the top-right card has not been played.
S = start

|>|v| |
|S|>|^|

Can I then play a damaged split tentacle against him in the top-right spot there? It would fork left and right, but the left-half would end up running into the smooth side of the tentacle card there.

Another situation, can I place an eyestalk such that it would cap off one side of a "split", but the other "eyes" would run into the smooth side of a card?

Finally, can you "merge" two independent paths with a split card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Guth
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, not even alive enough to get a response after 4 weeks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Chambers
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Very sorry about not being more responsive on this ...

An eyestalk card only MUST connect on one side of the card, the "floating" stalks that don't connect to anything are ignored. However, if more than one valid connection exists then they are taken into account as part of the creature's guild. So an eyestalk card that's adjacent to a card that doesn't work is fine, but if it connects in two directions than both count.

Secondly, yes, two paths can be merged, though you still must count a path of cards from the base of the head to declare victory.

Jamie Chambers
Signal Fire Studios
www.signalfirestudios.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.