Subject: Three more questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When 'taking a mana die from the source' (as in Mana Draw stronger effect), can you pick a black one during day or a gold one during night (which, normally, isn't allowed)?

2) When at the end of a turn after re-rolling and placing back the mana dice, the total mana is not showing at least half basic colors, do you also re-roll them (like during game setup), or not? I havn't found it, so I guess you only do so during setup and at the start of a round, but not during a round, but it is so easy to miss such little subtleties, hence the question to make sure...

3) What exactly are 'night combat rules' (dungeons and such). Is that simply that you cannot use gold mana and can use black mana? Or is there something else to it?

Thank you!

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Picking the die is allowed (always, not just when using this card), using the mana, however, is not.

2) Only at the beginning of each round.

3) Yes, that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
3) What exactly are 'night combat rules' (dungeons and such). Is that simply that you cannot use gold mana and can use black mana? Or is there something else to it?

It's everything that refers to "day" or "night". In addition to the gold and black mana, there are some cards and abilities that act differently during the day than at night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephan Valkyser wrote:
1) Picking the die is allowed (always, not just when using this card), using the mana, however, is not.

Using a die from the source is only allowed if you immediately use the mana that it generates. See "Using Mana", section 3(b).

However, the stronger effect of Mana Draw is not using a mana die, you take a mana die and set it to a color and generate mana tokens. So you can do that even if you don't use the tokens immediately (or ever).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim OConnor
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:

I remember Paul Grogan (I think it was him) saying in early development, they had wanted to make Night Combat even more different (for example, you can't use ranged at night), but opted to not do that. However, they left the rule about night combat in to allow for future expansions to possibly change it.

For now, the others are correct. You just can't use Gold Mana during "night combat"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingofTown wrote:
I remember Paul Grogan (I think it was him) saying in early development, they had wanted to make Night Combat even more different

I suspect you're misremembering this: Re: How do night rules differ from day rules as far as combat and use of recruits?.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Not me... It was Vlaada who said that. I didnt really have anything to do with the development of the base game. By the time I got sent all the files, everything except the rulebook had already gone to the printers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.