Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: The "Ahhhh!" Equipment Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
How does the Ahhhh! Equipment card work? After you spawn a zombie in your zone, does the card go in your inventory? Does it get discarded?

In the rulebook it says "You may discard cards from your inventory to make
room for new cards at any given time." - can someone clarity this for me please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave P
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The AHHHH! Card spawns the zombie and is then discarded, it is not equipment, it is an event in the equipment deck.

That is how we played it. Otherwise you could use it to soak up a wound later, which makes the card a benefit instead of a negative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, just place a Walker in the search zone and discard the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fake name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
muggin wrote:
The AHHHH! Card spawns the zombie and is then discarded, it is not equipment, it is an event in the equipment deck.

That is how we played it. Otherwise you could use it to soak up a wound later, which makes the card a benefit instead of a negative.

Equipment cannot be used to "soak" wounds. Receiving a wound simply means you can carry 1 less piece of equipment (from 5 to 4).

The only time you can give up equipment rather than take a wound is if your character has the "Is that all you've got?!" ability...which at this point, I do not believe any have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Yao
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Mooph wrote:
muggin wrote:

Equipment cannot be used to "soak" wounds. Receiving a wound simply means you can carry 1 less piece of equipment (from 5 to 4).

The only time you can give up equipment rather than take a wound is if your character has the "Is that all you've got?!" ability...which at this point, I do not believe any have.

I think muggin meant that the AHHHH! card could be one of the cards that the zombie snatches when attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rainey
United States
Cookeville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Also keep in mind that the Aaahh! card stops your search action if you are searching a police car for a weapon, so if you draw the card it ends your search.

Relevant question: When searching with the flashlight do you draw both of the cards at once or draw them one after another? If you drew the one-after-another and the first one was an Aaahh! would this stop you from drawing the second card? The only time it mentions Aaahh! stopping your search action is in the rules for searching police cars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you draw both at the same time, since the Flashlight rules don't say anything about being interrupted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.