Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any hope for us fans?
Excellent basis for a game, but really need a couple of expansions to flash it out....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Volle
France
Le Versoud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we can consider the game is dead. As long as WotC is concerned anyway. They want you to play Dungeon Command instead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seboss wrote:
I think we can consider the game is dead. As long as WotC is concerned anyway. They want you to play Dungeon Command instead ;)

At least for a year or two before they discontinue it for the next in a line of progressively inferior games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it's reasonable to assume then that there was no mention of the game by Hasbro or WOTC at Gencon? I like snarky comments as much as the next guy, but didn't actually see that anyone definitively answered the OP's question. My expectation is that Hasbro will remain silent on the matter, but privately have killed the game, due to its slow sales brought about by their inept marketing effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Volle
France
Le Versoud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much yes. I suspect they may never officially comment on the game's demise considering how little public exposition it got.
By the way, I don't consider Dungeon Command has an inferior product. It may not be the most original settings and components, but it's a very solid skirmish game in my opinion, which borrows a lot from Battleship incidently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie Taylor
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every single Dungeon Command review discusses how it needs expansions with new armies, so I expect lots of complaining that they aren't out right now, lots of people buying the game used instead of new, and then WoTC not discussing it till the product dies and everyone gives up on it. I'm just saying, Battleship Galaxies is still awesome, new stuff or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seboss wrote:
Pretty much yes. I suspect they may never officially comment on the game's demise considering how little public exposition it got.
By the way, I don't consider Dungeon Command has an inferior product. It may not be the most original settings and components, but it's a very solid skirmish game in my opinion, which borrows a lot from Battleship incidently.

I'm sure your right about DC. Don't mind me, I'm just a bitter Heroscape fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
So, it's reasonable to assume then that there was no mention of the game by Hasbro or WOTC at Gencon? I like snarky comments as much as the next guy, but didn't actually see that anyone definitively answered the OP's question. My expectation is that Hasbro will remain silent on the matter, but privately have killed the game, due to its slow sales brought about by their inept marketing effort.

No word from Hasbro or WOTC. The page is down and the movie bombed. Im not sure on the success of their Lego rip-off models or the more classic style game version for the movie.

Would be nice if you could adapt the minis from the movie to Galaxies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so sorry you fans of Battleship Galaxies were left in the dark. I think it truly is safe to say that Hasbro has no plans to support this game. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
I'm so sorry you fans of Battleship Galaxies were left in the dark. I think it truly is safe to say that Hasbro has no plans to support this game. Sorry.

Well, Jerry, as a designer of the game, your answer is definitive. Such a shame, because it's a damn good game - the rules are great and the minis rock. I will continue to play this game for a long time.

Color me disappointed, but unfortunately not surprised. Screw Hasbro! yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:

So were there any discussions at all for expansions? And of so. What forms might they have taken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:

Sorry to hear that!

Tell Craig and Colby that you all did an awesome job with the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:

Regardless of the decision by Hasbro to discontinue support for this game, I'm sure there were visioning sessions where the creative team developed ideas for the game as a launch title and for future expansion potential.

Those are the tales I'd love to learn more about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to hear that stuff too. If I were a betting man, though, I'd say that NDAs would likely prevent anyone involved from revealing that sort of information. I'd be happy to be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Volle
France
Le Versoud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jerry. Too bad the game didn't get more love from its publisher, it is a very nice system and I was looking forward to expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Havelock Vetinari
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to use the Kickstarter? It will show how many people and how much they "need" na expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a chance that the game could be "reskined" with a new backstory, and that perhaps stickered blocks could replace the minis? Basically, take the same core game engine and stick some new sheet metal around it? I'd love to see this game remain set in a space battles setting, but using stickered blocks or even cardboard counters (with some appropriately awesome art) to represent the capital ships and fighter squadrons. One could use colored cubes on the ship cards to denote shields and hits. Sure, it would lose a little of the bling, but it would be much easier and cheaper to produce, and expansions would be easier as well (I have to assume creating new counter or sticker art and producing sheets of counters or stickers has to be cheaper all around compared to design and production of plastic minis). It's just a thought, because I think such a game could be kickstarted, or P500'd with someone like a GMT or a Worthington.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pirates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin McCleary
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had bought it a while ago and finally got to play it with a friend this weekend. We both very much enjoyed it. Would love to see more at some point.

Is there an official eratta for the game or FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.