Matt Green
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. I'm co-designing a very light 20 minute dice game at the moment where, should you choose to do so, you can murder the fun of it by playing it a certain way. You'd need to be a certain sort of person to do this, but it could happen and from a cold game-winning perspective, there are good reasons to play this way.

What I am looking for is a series of posts about a guy that plays UNO in a way that beggars belief: it's something to do with the timing of saying "Uno" and how, should you interpret the rules to the letter, you can turn the game into a misery spiral. I can't find the exchange with BGG search function, I read it a while back and can't remember enough about the specifics to find it again. I think it may be a geeklist entry, but can't be sure.

Is this ringing any bells with anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Was such happened to "B" this 'chap', by any *malchance*? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Green
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the fastest first time I've 'got' one of your posts Grog. And no, it wasn't that guy. Or was is...? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/634027/extreme-uno-variant-n...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Green
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That wasn't the exchange I remember, but the 'Advanced Tactics' part of that post is mostly within the rules as written and would be nightmarish to have unleashed in a family game.

Uno is an example of a game that only works if it's played 'in the spirit of the game'. It starts to break down beyond that.

Thanks- that helped work through my thoughts about folk who persist in rolling dice one at a time rather than en masse (cry)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.