Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a deck I've been playing around with, to some success.

Creatures x 16

4 x Birds of Paradise G
4 x Delver of Secrets U
2 x Solemn Silulacrum A 4
3 x Thragtusk 4G
3 x Deadeye Navigator 4UU

Spells x 22

4 x Ponder S U
4 x Rancor E G
4 x Vapor Snag I U
4 x Mana Leak I 1U
2 x Rampant Growth S 1G
2 x Devastation Tide S 3UU (M1U)
2 x Revenge of the Hunted S 4GG (MG)

Lands x 22

4 x Hinterland Harbor
10 x Forest
8 x Island

The idea is to tag Delver with Rancor by turn 2 (or get it onto Birds in a pinch), then use Rampant Growth, Birds, and Solemn to ramp into the Thragtusk/Deadeye combo (pairing Solemn/Deadeye if necessary). Devastation Tide is there if combo, tokens, or planeswalkers really run out of control, and Revenge acts as a win-con/board wipe.

I should be able to keep the spirit of most of this deck when Scars and M12 rotate, but unless RtR has some specific card tropes, not all of the replacements will be near as good (Index for Ponder, Farseek for Rampant Growth, etc).

Sideboard includes Acidic Slime, Invisible Stalker, Beast Within, Naturalize, and Dismember, in varying numbers.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a couple things going on with this deck. My question is for you is if you have a Rancor-Equipped Insectile Aberration and 4 mana do you cast Solemn to ramp towards your combo or do you leave mana up to cast your Mana Leak to protect your dude?

I would also add that Dead-Eye Navigator combos can be broken up pretty easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
The question of hitting Solemn for a 4-drop is really dependent on what I'm playing. Something with spot removal or burn I'd save the Leak for. Something going hard into aggro, I'll drop the Solemn, chump block, and get the card draw.

Deadeye can be broken easier, but it only needs to work a couple times to be damaging. Also, the Deadeye combo protects itself from spot removal (but not from things like Mutilate).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
logopolys wrote:

Deadeye can be broken easier, but it only needs to work a couple times to be damaging. Also, the Deadeye combo protects itself from spot removal (but not from things like Mutilate).

Yes but it needs 8 mana to protect itself, the 6 to cast it and the 2 to bounce it. You're right though if it sticks around for you to untap with you're in great shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.