23 Posts

Risk 2210 A.D.» Forums » Variants

Subject: Risk 2210 Earth Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Prelesnik
msg tools
Hey guys!

I've been following this forum for a few years, but never posted anything, since there was nothing to add to your ideas. I congratulate you all! you really like this game at least as much as I do.

BUT NOW!!!

Ok, for starters: we dont play Risk 2210 as it is said in the rules. We made our own rules - something in between original Risk and Risk 2210. We dont even use all the other maps (Mars, Io, Europe, etc.), since players spread all around and with "dislocated" territories there's less action and bribing and arguments, etc. So we play Earth, both sides of moon (new), Antarctica, Arctica (new) and two new water territories (new)...

So we're looking around for expansions going in this direction - new water colonies, etc.

I even had the idea of making: "Atlantis Reborn" - so when the Earthquake hits one of 2 or 3 specific territories, some of other territories sink and the new continent emerges.

I'll post my Tech and Terror tactics cards soon .... i just need to figure out how...

Regards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Upload cards to a gallery?

Hmm... sounds interesting though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Prelesnik
msg tools
Im sorry for the long post, but i had them in a .pdf and i had to upload every picture on its own...

As for "Atlantis reborn", I was thinking of "sinking" Australia. One state stays untouched, all others are destroyed and replaced with another continent. Maybe this continent could be divided in 2 parts. And since its Australia, you could easily reuse all connections and maybe even make some new.

I'll upload my Terror Tactics cards next... I have a Religious commander as well, but unfortunately i deleted the files, so I'll just upload the picture of the cards....

Regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Prelesnik
msg tools
....and my Terror Tactics Cards. Now I know they could be made better, but I hope at least someone will get some new ideas for sets of his/her own. Feel free to use them in any way you like.

Regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Prelesnik
msg tools
Me and a friend just had a conversation and here's the deal:

We start playing with the custom map, covering Australia (I borrowed a map from some guy, so, thank you, guy!):

All three continents are connected between eachother,
Continent 1 has the connections to the west and north, that already exist.
Continent 2 has connection to Japan or maybe South America
Continent 3 has connection to Antarctica

So when the "Global Warming card is played, the new board is removed and you stay just with a Australia as we know it...

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Prelesnik
msg tools
So, here it is.... i just made a quick drawing of situation. What say you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i like your new Australia.

Hmm... I'm gonna have to make individual comments on the cards. But later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Prelesnik
msg tools
....sooooo.... ignore the last map... ...what if it looked something like this?

Asia even harder to hold
Australia not being the last continent, with no need to protect your back, instead, every territory is connected to something...
Asia Pacific with starting "Land Sun Tzu" and one more land territory
+1 small continent with connection to S America

As for reinforcements:

Australia: 4
Asia Pacific: 3
"New continent": 2
Sun Tzu: 3

I'd really apreciate your thoughts and suggestions on this one, so i wont make the map in PS (with my PS skill lvl that'll take like.... 14 days) and at the end figure out it sucks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's ok I guess. what value would the 2 territory continents have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Prelesnik
msg tools

Here is my beta version of Australia Expansion.

It still needs some finishing touches, but generaly this is how i imagined it.

At the begining of the game, you start with this map, simply covering that part of the original map with your print. After the "Global Warming" card is played, you remove the expansion map, leaving the original one. All troops, that are on territories that dont exist on original map, are destroyed (including Sun Tzu - on expansion it is a land territory but on the original map it is a Water colony). All other are kept.
For holding M.P. Conglomerate, you get one Energy and no reinforcements.

Question: What is the effect in Photoshop, that makes those little horizontal lines all over the map??? (I'm not that good....) And where do i find it??

Regards!
A!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that looks pretty nice!

I'm not that good in PS either. But... you can try asking http://boardgamegeek.com/user/MrMan2k3 he does boards like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rand Al Tor
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Hey Simon,

Thank you for posting that!

I printed out your version of Terror Tactics Cards and I and my friends absolutely love playing them!

I ordered them printed on plastic, size of playing cards, they turned out great and are much easier to read.

Do you happen to have images for Spy, Mercenary and Religious Commander Decks? Fronts and Back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hunh, forgot to comment on the cards earlier.... Oh well, better late than never.

Revamped Tech Stuff:
Hacker:
This is every d8 roll for the entire turn? Maybe cap it at 5 energy stolen?

Intelligence report:
nice one.

Pull yourself together:
situational, but useful

Time Crystal:
Is this the entire enemy force or just the currently attacking army? It's similar to that one diplomat card, but stops the enemy from attacking anyone.

Extreme engineering:
How would this be marked?

Science Overflow
Interesting idea.... you have to play it as soon as you draw it. Then everyone, you included, loses a command card. Hmm at least you get to choose yours. Are those removed from enemies random?

Energy Leak:
Is this per dice roll? Or a full attack? It might be better if you phrased it as "lose" instead of pay. That way if they run out they're not immobilized.

wormhole:
nice idea.

the other wormhole:
also good.

Suicide Parachute MOD:
potentially useful, but situational.... maybe reduce cost to 1?

Battlefield promotion:
Sure, works.

Advanced Recycling:
Enh, works I guess.

Combat Enhancer:
sure.

Superconductivity:
Enh... I always thought this should be 0.

Sensor array:
2 seems a bit steep since all it does is let you look.

tight beam transmission:
maybe 1 cost? you still have to pay all the other costs, and Freq Jam is 1.

Frequency Jam:
um yeah another one.

Globar EMP Blackout:
the effect sounds good, but 1: "Globar"? Global? 2: prob should be phrased as either round or until your next turn.

Morse Code Communications:
um sure.

War Tax:
works I guess. Especially since you can play it at the end of turn.

Collateral Damage:
Seems a bit weak. Maybe instead of next 5 attacks, just phrase it up to 5 destroyed?

Technological Espionage:
Isn't this identical to Sensor Array? Except less expensive?

Global Meltdown:
um yeah, still there.

Crystal Wall:
Neat idea.

Niven Station:
love it! Is the energy cost to play it 1?

Terror Tactics stuff:
General question:
Is there a Terrorist commander? Or do these generally not need a commander?

Multiple Warheads:
works I guess.

Skorched Sky:
"Scorched"? Not sure about the cost, but enh, maybe. Idea is good.

MOD Virus:
Interesting that this works based on the location of your Diplomat.

Decoy Revealed:
hmm... 0? works the same as Battlefield promotion, but that has 1 cost.

Stealth MODs:
another one.

Stealth Station:
Hmm... I think I like the Territorial Station card better.

Energy Boost:
sounds good.

Prisoner of War:
I LIKE IT!

Treacherous Extortion:
pretty good idea. The second condition seems useless since you recruit before combat anyways.

Superior Tactics:
hmm.... this seems like the tech stimulant card, but for all your armies? Prob needs a higher cost then.

Eternal glory:
Neat idea. Is it just one territory or all of them?

Lost hope:
nice. The -1 needs reworded. "For the rest of the game the continent bonus is reduced by 1."

Low Profile:
Interesting idea.... Kinda weird, but the 2 free MODs works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've printed your Australia out (had some struggles with the correct size) and we're playing with it ever since. I think this is a briliant expansion as the new Australia offers a great counterweight to North America. Of course we're playing with Antarctica as well.
After a few play tests we've seen however that the player who has the green continent and Asia Pacific continent (which has now water and land continents, a refreshing touch)can become a little overpowered with very little territory for a large MOD/energy boost, especially when the devastation markers fall on some of these territories during setup. However, this didn't bother game play during our plays.
With this expansion we use 5 or sometimes 6 devastation markers instead of the usual 4, and when both Antarctica and your Australia (Australia 2.0, as our group calls it)are added, the land territory deck becomes quite large.
What's even better, this new Earth 2210 map with your Australia and Antarctica allows enough space for a sixth player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've printed the terror tactics out. We use a 20 card deck without a corresponding commander. You can buy cards from this deck without a commander, instead of the normal ones. The 4 cards limit still counts.
After some testing, we leave out the "Prisoner of War" and "treacherous Extortion" cards, as they feel weird and impractical, but that's our taste of Risk2210. Especialy the "Decoy Revealed" and "Energy Boost" cards are heavely wanted during our plays. Our deck contains 2 of each. "Skorched Sky" seems a little overpowered, considering you can play it AFTER you've played your cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what about Prisoner of War and Treacherous Extortion do you not like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
So, what about Prisoner of War and Treacherous Extortion do you not like?

Treacherous distortion: paying 3 energy is a lot. If the invader pays the energy, you get nothing and lose a precious command Card for nothing, and if the enemy does not pay, you lose 3 energy and the enemy Will most likely call of the invasion. Anyway, 3 energy is quite a lot.

Prisoner of War: the card doesn't make clear what happens who has to pay the 5 energy, and what happens if the enemy doesn't or cannot pay 5 energy.

Don't get me wrong, they're great cards, we just removed them after a few games due to discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Treacherous Distortion is guaranteed if they don't have 3 energy sitting around. But maybe it should cost 2? Even so, if they pay, they're out 3 energy and you aren't. It's definitely awkward making cards where your opponent has a choice. It needs to be a net advantage for the person playing it.

Prisoner of War: conceptually this represents you taking their commander prisoner. Since he's prisoner, they can't recruit another until they ransom him. But they can't do that for three turns. Then they have to pay you 5 energy to get him back. To me the real question is what to do if they can't pay...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They're great cards. They just didn't make it in our decks. Knowing that we play Risk2210 with 8 command decks already (including the homefront commander, the terror tactics of your design and our own designed Religious Commander) that means many cards.

By the way, we have a version where we distribute your tactic cards at the beginning of the game (4 per player in 4 or 5 player games). This makes for a splashy start !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm,, starting with at least 4 cards? sounds interesting. Are you using factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We tried a few times but found they disturbe the balance a bit too much. Some factions simply are overpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But we talk a little too much off topic. I really like your Australia 2.0 expansion. I had some fun making good land territory cards. There's lots of stuff to find online (the other maps to play on, extra commanders) but when I found your post here on the forums, I thought it deserved a little more attention because your stuff is nowhere to be found elsewhere, especially the map expansion. We find it a must add-on when playing with 5 players.

Oh, and yeah, starting with the terror tactics in hand is wild. Especially the card that makes you change a MOD into a commander is really hard to start the game with. We have 2 in our deck of 20 cards, and 3 of those energy cards, although it feels a little overpowered to have 3, 2 should be better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zekere wrote:
We tried a few times but found they disturbe the balance a bit too much. Some factions simply are overpowered.
Hmm.... This arouses my interest. which ones? why?

Now I also have an itch in my brain telling me to make a faction that specializes in terror tactics...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.