4 Posts

Princes of the Dragon Throne» Forums » General

Subject: Any news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
luffy Lo
msg tools
mbmbmb
Any news before the prototype is finished?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
luffy13 wrote:

Yeah what is the status on this thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred MacKenzie
United States
Florence
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
luffy13 wrote:

I do apologize for the delay. Unfortunately we are still in the process of creating the beta prototypes to send out for further testing. The game has over 400 bits and pieces.

I do believe the game is ready, but we want to get feedback from many more gamers looking at it with a fresh perspective.

It was played once at GenCon 2012 and that seemed to go very well.

Thanks for your interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played in the demo this weekend at Gen Con and BOY OH BOY did I ever love it. I hope to have a session report up soon but here are a couple of my thoughts.

My appologies to Maxx if you already know a ton about it, if I repeat any of it.

First, there is a TON of bits on the map but that's a GOOD thing to me. They look good out there and really enforces the whole theme that there is an ongoing battle for ascending to the throne. With it being Area Control, as more and more things change and shape the land you can get a real sense for the ebb and flow of a war/battle being fought for the land (but without all that war-gamey stuff).

It's basically got some deck building to it with area control. The DB isn't so much to turn off DB haters but enough to keep us DB lovers happy. The area control ties in with some rewards/powers which serve to get you right into the action rather then turtle-ing for control over one area.

There are also variable player powers which change and shift throughout the game serving as a sort of catch-up mechanic which I liked as well.

I also think a noob at it can do just as well. I played with Chris from Dice Hate Me (played before), David MAcKenzie (obviously played before), John Moeler (SP? from unpub/cartrunk entertainment-- don't think he has played before), and myself (complete noob to it). I ended up winning by 2 over Chris. It's quite possible David was going easy on us, but judging how he was going after me at times in full force I am thinking (nay hoping) he wasn't reeling it in, and I know for a fact Chris wasn't going easy (we love to heckle each other in games so I know he would have just as easily loved to beat my butt).

Again I LOVE LOVE LOVED this game.

Oh I almost forgot.. The board likely wasn't finished art, but I think the cards had some finished art and holy crap did they look amazing.

Dicehateme.com has a couple of pics of our game in his pic review of Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.