Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » General

Subject: How Many Potions in the Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to figure out how many potions I need to make, as I do not have the game yet.

Could anyone tell me how many potion pieces there are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there are 12. That's how many bottles I bought, anyway, and I'm sure I had a reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bottles? What and where?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh small
United States
Corry
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 12 potion tokens.

Thats enough for all 9 heroes (including candy & cola) to have their max potions all at the same time.

If you are playing a super game (5 heroes) using the heroes with the most max potions, you will only need 8. Though that may be higher later with expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckhazard wrote:
I believe there are 12. That's how many bottles I bought, anyway, and I'm sure I had a reason.

Hey its a drinking game. Chug a bottle of beer every time your character has to use a potion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yamashira wrote:
Bottles? What and where?

Thanks

Hey! These bottles!

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Vtg-Miniature-Perfume-Bottle...

(Ah why doesn't it look like this link is going to work in the preview?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deana McCormick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I bought those same type of bottles, at a hobby store though (Hobby Lobby). They were $1.47 for 2 or $1.99 for 2, depending on the type (by on sale for even cheaper!) The tall, thin vial isn't too great. Can't stand it, falls over. Laying down, it rolls all over the place.

I bought a pack of 5 Crayola nail polishes and used a tooth pick to fill them (little bit of nail polish remover and a few cotton swabs to clean up my inevitable messes), let them dry overnight then white glued the cork on. They are perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anytime you're shopping at Hobby Lobby remember they have a weekly coupon: http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/weekly.cfm. Usually it's 40% off any one item. Also those bottles are a jewelry item, so as Lhiannan mentioned they could all be on sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just was looking. I didn't realize I hadn't seen this here at BGG, so I figured, I'd link it.

How to make potions.

http://www.figurepainters.com/tips-tutorials/2012/1/21/makin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Desferous wrote:
I just was looking. I didn't realize I hadn't seen this here at BGG, so I figured, I'd link it.

How to make potions.

http://www.figurepainters.com/tips-tutorials/2012/1/21/makin...

Does anyone know if this would work using water based paints/dyes such as Citadel Washes? Or does the dye have to be oil/non water-solvent based?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this with acrylic paints, I don't know about washes. I used some citadels, some p3, some testors. Mine did not come out as vibrant as those shown - I think this is mostly due to color selection, and using too much paint. ONE drop is too much!! Be very, very, very conservative at this stage.

Edit: here's the result using the acrylic paints I mentioned. You can see all of them are rather opaque, compared to those in the link above. This may be due to the type of paint, but I suspect I simply used too much pigment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckhazard wrote:
I did this with acrylic paints, I don't know about washes. I used some citadels, some p3, some testors. Mine did not come out as vibrant as those shown - I think this is mostly due to color selection, and using too much paint. ONE drop is too much!! Be very, very, very conservative at this stage.

Edit: here's the result using the acrylic paints I mentioned. You can see all of them are rather opaque, compared to those in the link above. This may be due to the type of paint, but I suspect I simply used too much pigment.

They look great to me! I will experiment tho and see what happens. One thing good about all this is these little colored bottles can be used for other games too!

- SK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sargonkid wrote:
chuckhazard wrote:

They look great to me! I will experiment tho and see what happens. One thing good about all this is these little colored bottles can be used for other games too!

- SK

Well, all the items came in the mail today and this evening I finished up 12 bottles - look great IMO. And yes, be real light on the dye/paint. I used some of the older Citadel Washes I had on hand. Final cost was about $18.00 and one hour's time! ...and I still have about 3/4 of the Resin left to use for more, or for some other project.

- SK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a picture of the ones I just completed - notice how some are less translucent than others - so yes, as Chuckhazard said, be careful how much coloring you use. I notice that as the resin is being mixed with the coloring in the mixing cup, it looks lighter than when it is in the bottle. May be worth keeping that in mind.

Also, I think using a dye/wash rather than paint may help also - I used Citadel Washes.

This is very easy to do - so give it a go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.