Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for up to three other players interested in a forum game of Quarriors. I have the basic set plus the Quarmageddon expansion and would be using the recommended advanced rules (up to two buys, cull to score, "spent" area). Ideally players would commit to one post per day (although depending on how an attack phase is playing out not everyone may post every day).

If I can get enough bodies interested I will work up the posting format, PBF rules/play guidelines, seating order, manage the scoring and quarry, and etc.

I think this will work . . .

(Cross posted in Quarriors: Quarmageddon "Play by Forum" section.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Anyone interested in a play by post game?
I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooo - that makes three! OK, I will work on getting things set up. I will have an actual set-up going to track everything and will post pics as neccesary. I'd like to get a fairly standardized posting format sketched out as well as a concise representation of the Wilds.

Check back soon.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update! Will do
-Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles King
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, alright! I had another third whom I have not heard back from yet. With Chris and Charles I think we have enough to move ahead. I'll get things set up, and if my fourth checks in before that, so much the better. Keep your eyes here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I think I have things set.

For starters, I plan on playing with the Quarriors base set plus the Quarmaggedon expansion. (I don't have Rise of the Demons.)

My first question, does everyone have these sets? I'd prefer to not have to type out all the cards in play, and I think it would be easiest if we all can roll real dice. If we don't all have these sets we can easily restrict the game to the base set.

The one exclusion will be Primordial Ooze, as I think it will just be too difficult to keep track of the stats for this creature in this format. I may also remove individual creatures or spells during set up if it looks like they will prove to be too cumbersome for forum based play.

We will play with advanced rules, including 2 buys, spent area and cull to score.

I will keep the quarry, track points and arbitrate any disputes. I will keep an actual game running to track pulls, culls, ready areas, used piles, dice bags and so forth. (I hope this won't provide me with an advantage and I will try to play honorably on my turn.)

Play will be as "normal" as possible within the format. I will repost the quarry, scores and ready areas after each player's turn. This will be our check to make sure we all agree on the state of the game before we get too far down the road.

I will randomly assign play order.

Each player's turn will consist of an opening post with score/cull, and a listing of their ready and used piles. Then draw/roll, immediate effect resolution, summon/ready, and attack. At this point each other player will post their defense and resolution of the attack. Then the active player will post a closing post with buys and a final listing of their ready area and used pile. Finally, I will repost the quarry and scores before the start of the next player's turn.

I don't think it necessary to track the used pile, but each player will be on their honor to follow this rule if they need to replenish their bag mid turn.

I have formats for all of these steps. I can make them available in word or Open Office format to anyone who wants them, and I will post blanks in the forum that you should be able to copy or quote for your post. (Please remove quote tagging prior to posting.)

I will be able to post most evenings during the week and pretty freely Friday through Sunday. If all goes smoothly we should be able to complete one player's turn in a day or two, and complete a full turn a week. If you are going to be away for more than a day or two a post to the forum would be nice.

I'll let you respond to the above proposal first. Once everyone agrees I will post the blanks and a quick play example.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Criticism?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shelley
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm around and still want to play

Proposal looks good to me -- I have all the sets but am fine with playing just the Base.

I have seen in other PBF games on this site that there is a way to incorporate random die rolls into the post (for example, PBF Doom games even show images of the die sides as they're rolled. This might be something to look into for future games...probably a bit of work to set up though.

Good (dice) luck gentlemen!

Edit: Trying out a forum die roll...
assistant 1custom6{iid:1431960;iid:1431960;iid:1431960;iid:1431961;iid:1431961;iid:11431962} -> ( iid:1431960) ->
[+]

basic 1custom6{iid:1431966;iid:1431966;iid:1431966;iid:1431966;iid:1431966;iid:11431967} -> ( iid:1431966) ->
[+]

portal 1custom6{iid:1431963;iid:1431964;iid:1431964;iid:1431965;iid:1431965;iid:1431965} -> ( iid:1431964) ->
[+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 186970. Dagger363
  • 1custom6{iid:1431006;iid:1431006;iid:1431006;iid:1431007;iid:1431007;iid:1431005} =
  • ( iid:1431005) =
  • iid:1431005
  • assistant
  • Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:24 am
  • [+]
  • 187174. Dagger363
  • 1custom6{iid:1431006;iid:1431006;iid:1431006;iid:1431007;iid:1431007;iid:1431005} =
  • ( iid:1431006) =
  • iid:1431006
  • Assistant
  • Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 pm
  • [+]
  • 187560. Dagger363
  • 1custom6{iid:1431960;iid:1431960;iid:1431960;iid:1431961;iid:1431961;iid:11431962} =
  • ( iid:1431960) =
  • iid:1431960
  • assistant
  • Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:13 am
  • [+]
  • 187561. Dagger363
  • 1custom6{iid:1431966;iid:1431966;iid:1431966;iid:1431966;iid:1431966;iid:11431967} =
  • ( iid:1431966) =
  • iid:1431966
  • basic
  • Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:14 am
  • [+]
  • 187562. Dagger363
  • 1custom6{iid:1431963;iid:1431964;iid:1431964;iid:1431965;iid:1431965;iid:1431965} =
  • ( iid:1431964) =
  • iid:1431964
  • portal
  • Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:14 am
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, there we go! And now we are four. Thanks, Tom!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont physically own the game (yet ) but i was wondering if it would worki i downloaded the vassal module to play
What are your thoughts?
-Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goofiestbee wrote:
I dont physically own the game (yet ) but i was wondering if it would worki i downloaded the vassal module to play
What are your thoughts?
-Chris

I don't know what that is. Can you provide some info/link? Have you played? Are you comfortable with the rules?

-S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles King
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the base game, but would be surprised if we couldn't find all the necessary card descriptions online for the expansions.

Proposal looks good, I'm ready to roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spbtc wrote:
Goofiestbee wrote:
What are your thoughts?
-Chris

I don't know what that is. Can you provide some info/link? Have you played? Are you comfortable with the rules?

-S

www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Quarriors!

Here ya go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, sorry, the subscription alert seems a little wonky - a few post got through without an alert.

When I get home this evening I will post both the blank templates for play and the play examples. Once you all have had a chance to digest, reflect and critique I will get the game officially going.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be the quarry/summary sheet. I will update this between each player

Quarry
Turn X, Player Y

Basic Quidity: 0
Assistant: 2
Portal: 5

Creature 1: 5
Creature 2: 5
Creature 3: 5
Creature 4: 5
Creature 5: 5
Creature 6: 5
Creature 7: 5

Spell 1: 5
Spell 2: 5
Spell 3: 5

Score:
Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:

Ready Areas:
Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be the player opening phases.

Opening
Player 1, Turn 1

Ready Area:
Used Area:

Score/Cull:
To Used:

Draw/Roll:

Immediate Effect resolution:

Ready Area:

Attack:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be the defender response. Each defending player will respond to the attacking player before he wraps up his turn.

P1T1 Attack: Player 2 Response

Ready Area:

Reaction Effects:

Attack total:
Defender 1: Result:

Attack remaining:
Defender 2: Result:

Ready Area:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And these are the closing phases for the active player.

Closing
Player 1, Turn 1

Quidity:
Capture:

Ready Area:
Used Area:

You should be able to cut and paste or quote these for your posts. (If you quote them, please remove the quote tags before posting.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a sample of the forms in use.

Quarry
Turn 2, Player 1

Scavenging Goblin: 5
Mighty Lord of the Quarry: 5
Mighty Ghostly Spirit: 5
Strong Questing Wizard: 5
Strong Voodoo Doll: 5
Witching Hag: 5
Strong Defender of the Pale: 5

Death Cantrip: 5
Shaping Incantation: 5
Life Charm: 5

Score:
Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:

Ready Areas:
Player 1: Assistant L1, Strong Voodoo Doll L2*
Player 2: Assistant L1, Mighty Ghostly Spirit L1
Player 3:
Player 4:

obviously the dice totals don't all add up . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening
Player 1, Turn 1

Ready Area: Assistant L1, Strong Voodoo Doll L2*
Used Area: Quidity 2, Assistant 1, Portal 1, Defender of the Pale 1, Scavenging Goblin 2

Score/Cull: Assistant
To Used: Voodoo Doll

Draw/Roll: Quidity 1,1,2
Portal draw 1
Assistant: Reroll*
Scavenging Goblin L1*

Immediate Effect resolution:
1) Rerolled Assistant & Portal: Assistant L1, Portal draw 2

2) Portal draw 2: Quidity 2, Life Charm spell
3) Portal draw 1: Death Cantrip 1 quidity

Ready Area: summon for 2 quidity
Assistant
SG L1*

Attack: 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P1T1 Attack
Player 2 Response

Ready Area: Assistant, Mighty Ghostly Spirit L1

Reaction Effects: none

Attack total:2
Defender 1: assistant
Defense: 2 Result: destroyed

Attack remaining: 0
Defender 2: MGS L1
Defense: 2 Result: survived

Ready Area: Mighty Ghostly Spirit L1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Closing
Player 1, Turn 1

Quidity: 5
Capture: Witching Hag

Ready Area: Assistant, SG L1, Life Charm
Used Area: Quidity 6, Assistant 1, Portal 1, Defender of the Pale 1, Scavenging Goblin 2,

O.K. so there it is - I hope I struck the right balance between usability and detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shelley
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Scott, I think we can work with this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I swear, the decks were well shuffled when I drew! I'm titling this game . . .

Mighty Incantation!

Looking at powers and spells, I am intrigued by the common theme - all three spells and four creature powers have ways to discard or draw dice. There's going to be a lot of dice movement in this game!

Each defending player should address the Mighty Troll's power during their defense round, likewise Mighty Goblin* if it is destroyed during defense. I haven't found an official ruling on Strong Deathdealer, so I'm going to suggest that it's scoring special power follow advanced scoring rules - scoring it is optional, and if scored it must be culled.

Remember, you may buy up to two dice during the buy phase (not including spells or creature powers).

Player order was decided by assigning each player a color and then drawing the scoring cubes from a bag.

Anyone feel free to link card images or text to the thread.

Take it away, Tom!

Quarry
Round 1

Strong Deathdealer: 5
Mighty Scavenging Goblin: 5
Mighty Questing Wizard: 5
Mighty Misch. Imp: 5
Mighty Devotee Holy Query: 5
Mighty Witching Hag: 5
Mighty Troll Behemoth: 5

Discriminating Incantation: 5
Shaping Incantation: 5
Oblation Incantation: 5

Score:
Player 1 (Tom): 0
Player 2 (Scott): 0
Player 3 (Charles): 0
Player 4 (Chris): 0

Ready Areas:
Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shelley
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll start by posting a quick description of the Wilds for reference:

Basic Quiddity

Assistant (Cost 1, 1 Glory)
* Immediate: Re-roll this die and one other die

Portal
Portal 1: Immediate: Draw and roll one die.
Portal 2: Immediate: Draw and roll two dice.

Mighty Scavenging Goblin (Cost 3, 2 Glory)
* When Mighty Scavenging Goblin is destroyed, draw 2 dice and add them to your Active Pool.

Mighty Devotee of the Holy Query (Cost 4, 2 Glory)
* Devotee of the Holy Query Query gains +3 defense. When you attack with Devotee of the Holy Query, ignore the effects of all Spells attached to opposing creatures. Devotee of the Holy Query can't be the target of opposing Spells.

Mighty Mischievous Imp - (Cost 5, 2 Glory)
When Mischievous Imp is summoned, you may draw and roll one die, and you may capture one additional Quarry die this turn.
* Gain +2 Quiddity when you summon Mischievous Imp.
** Gain +3 Quiddity when you summon Mischievous Imp.

Mighty Witching Hag (Cost 5, 3 Glory)
As long as Witching Hag is in your Ready Area, all Creatures with an attack value higher than 3 that attack you have their attack reduced to 3.

Strong Deathdealer (Cost 6, 2 Glory)
When you Destroy a Creature, immediately score Deathdealer (place it in your Used Pile). This does not reduce your attack total for the turn.

Mighty Troll Behemoth (Cost 6, 3 Glory)
When Troll Behemoth is summoned, each player (starting with the active player and going clockwise) must cull one die that has a cost of 1 or greater from their Used pile (if any), then capture (for free) one die of lower cost from the Wilds.
* Each of your opponents must add all Basic Quiddity Dice in their Used piles to their bags.

Mighty Questing Wizard (Cost 8, 4 Glory)
When Questing Wizard scores, all Quarry Dice cost you 2 less Quiddity to capture this turn, and you may capture 1 additional Quarry die this turn.
* You may spend Questing Wizard as an Immediate Effect to draw and roll 2 dice from your bag (instead of gaining Quiddity).
** Questing Wizard has no additional ability.

Oblation Incantation (Cost 2) - Attach: When this Creature scores, cull the Die with the highest cost in each player's Used pile (your choice if tied).

Discriminating Incantation (Cost 3) - Cast this spell to capture one Spell die from the Wilds for free. You can only cast this spell when you capture a Creature Die.

Shaping Incantation (Cost 4) - Attach: When this Creature scores, you may cull one die from your Used Pile to capture one Quarry Die that costs up to 3 Quiddity more than the die you culled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.