Stephen Pehrson
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It seems that the market is speaking at eBay on the value of the 1E set. Since most people are now purchasing this game purely for the miniatures and not as some kind of collectible, the price is dropping. There is one set that has not been bid on that is ending in a few hours for $100 and another that has a few days left that is at $66. I bought a set yesterday (used) off of eBay and got it for $90. For around 50 usable (in D2E) miniatures that seems like a good deal. I understand there are a few miniatures left over that are superfluous to the conversion kit. If anyone is interested in those, let me know and I'll get back to you when I have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Inglo wrote:
It seems that the market is speaking at eBay on the value of the 1E set. Since most people are now purchasing this game purely for the miniatures and not as some kind of collectible, the price is dropping. There is one set that has not been bid on that is ending in a few hours for $100 and another that has a few days left that is at $66. I bought a set yesterday (used) off of eBay and got it for $90. For around 50 usable (in D2E) miniatures that seems like a good deal. I understand there are a few miniatures left over that are superfluous to the conversion kit. If anyone is interested in those, let me know and I'll get back to you when I have them.

I think the 60 is a fluke. But descent base has always gone for less than the earlier expansions. I do not expect that to be the norm and am guessing it wil rise in price as those who have it, keep it for 2nd edition minis. Buyers of the new game who never bought into 1st Ed will still be wanting the miniatures from the old ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Pehrson
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I first went to look at eBay all I could find were outrageous prices. Someone still has the 1e set listed for ~$350. I was trying to decide on going the reaper bones route and thought I'd give buying the actual thing one more shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I have a 1E that I would happily sell for what I paid for it (msrp), or trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have several monster figures from 1E that I won't be keeping. I'll post as soon as I get my stuff together and list which ones I have up for grabs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Eaton
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
Need some individual minis, and I also have extras that I can part with.

You don't need multiple red Nagas, i dont have any (is there more than 1 red naga in the 1st ed set?)

Also I am missing a white spider, I also have no dragons or demons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elltrain wrote:
I have a 1E that I would happily sell for what I paid for it (msrp), or trade.

GM sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Inglo wrote:

Actually from what you have written the price has gone up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Packwood
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in spare 1e minis, I'm new to Descent with 2e

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BananaForSale wrote:
(is there more than 1 red naga in the 1st ed set?)

IIRC, no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deebs wrote:
I have several monster figures from 1E that I won't be keeping. I'll post as soon as I get my stuff together and list which ones I have up for grabs.

Do. I'm interested too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.