Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Run you clever boy, and REMEMBER!
badge
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing Starbucks stock will fall drastically now that I've left Seattle. Currently I'm at a coffee shop called "Java Groove" in Evergreen, CO... I have to say I've been missing out. So, Starbucks is comfortable, and it has wifi so it's a good place to pass a little time and get stuff done. This shop has that too, but it actually has good coffee too, crazy right?

Kids are now in pre-school MWF mornings, so I think this will be my new hangout on days I don't have errands. Bye Starbucks, it's been fun. My coffee money will be coming to the local place now.

Think I might start writing apps or something. Maybe start a blog. Good times.

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember if you're an introvert/extrovert, but have you considered investing in an espresso machine/coffee roaster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:
I don't remember if you're an introvert/extrovert, but have you considered investing in an espresso machine/coffee roaster?

Or the economical and delicious alternative: burr grinder and French press.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
My wife worked at a coffee shop when I met her. It was an independent shop with its own roaster. We used to hang out there, drink the best coffee ever and talk literature, philosophy, and nonsense all day long.

Then Starbucks came around with their subpar coffee (but still much better than most coffee out there from fast food, etc.), gross blendy drinks, and faux groovy vibe. It killed all the cool independent shops around here. I don't bitch about it too much, because really, I can get a decent cup at Starbucks no matter where I am. I like that part. The nice independent shops were few and far between.

So, it's a trade off. When I do find a great independent shop now I'm like a pig in shit I'm so happy.

Overall, I'm not asking for much in this life. I just want a good cup of black coffee. That's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kristiefix wrote:

May all your aspirations come true. Coffee helps with the necessary energy so you're starting off excellently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
I worked at an independent coffee shop for about 7 months when Mr. Blue and I were first dating. It wasn't really a cool place. It only got cool points because it wasn't Starbucks, you know?

Anyway, the owners had a policy of only hiring people who didn't like coffee so we wouldn't "drink away their profits." So, we gave recommendations based on no actual knowledge of what the product tasted like. Well, except for the hot chocolate. We made amazing hot chocolate with fresh whipped cream. It was tops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was never much of a Starbucks fan until J mentioned somewhere that their blonde roast is actually fairly decent. When he says something about coffee, I tend to listen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

I bought one at one point and gave it away because I apparently am not gifted in that area. Now I have a Keurig, which I use when I'm at home.

My house is not close to the school, the coffee shop is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

Or the economical and delicious alternative: burr grinder and French press.

I mainly use my press for tea.

The guy at the coffee shop just gave me a free refil though, can't really beat this kind of service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
My wife worked at a coffee shop when I met her. It was an independent shop with its own roaster. We used to hang out there, drink the best coffee ever and talk literature, philosophy, and nonsense all day long.

Then Starbucks came around with their subpar coffee (but still much better than most coffee out there from fast food, etc.), gross blendy drinks, and faux groovy vibe. It killed all the cool independent shops around here. I don't bitch about it too much, because really, I can get a decent cup at Starbucks no matter where I am. I like that part. The nice independent shops were few and far between.

So, it's a trade off. When I do find a great independent shop now I'm like a pig in shit I'm so happy.

Overall, I'm not asking for much in this life. I just want a good cup of black coffee. That's all.

Not sure how the black coffee is here, I got some sort of specialty thing... But this is definitely a cool venue if you ever find yourself in Evergreen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
I was never much of a Starbucks fan until J mentioned somewhere that their blonde roast is actually fairly decent. When he says something about coffee, I tend to listen.

Starbucks over-roasts coffee, so Blonde is like normal in my opinion. There coffee and espresso is just so acidic, but hey... It's convenient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
kristiefix wrote:

May all your aspirations come true. Coffee helps with the necessary energy so you're starting off excellently.

Today I actually started reading tech news and such, I am so behind on news... It's a learning day for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluelise wrote:
I worked at an independent coffee shop for about 7 months when Mr. Blue and I were first dating. It wasn't really a cool place. It only got cool points because it wasn't Starbucks, you know?

Anyway, the owners had a policy of only hiring people who didn't like coffee so we wouldn't "drink away their profits." So, we gave recommendations based on no actual knowledge of what the product tasted like. Well, except for the hot chocolate. We made amazing hot chocolate with fresh whipped cream. It was tops.

I love GOOD hot chocolate! Dark chocolate is my ideal, with fresh whip cream for sweet... Yum!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I have never walked into a Starbucks, and have no intention on ever doing so.

But that's mainly because all coffee tastes like warmed-over dishwater.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
I have never walked into a Starbucks, and have no intention on ever doing so.

But that's mainly because all coffee tastes like warmed-over dishwater.

We have a coffee machine at work that makes hot chocolate in addition to all the various lattes and mochas and other mumbo-jumbo that I don't drink. Whenever I feel like something to drink and I don't want water, I go get hot chocolate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
kristiefix wrote:

Welcome to Xcode. So many podcasts to look at on this stuff!

So, the older lady that works here at Java Groove is an idiot. Maybe this will be my Monday morning hang out and I will try the other coffee shop down the street on Wednesdays. It's a shame, really. I'm apparently prejudice against idiots. Maybe I should start a review of coffee shops blog. Nah, probably better to keep those opinions between me and you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.