Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just trying to get a sense of how folks are handling the one imp card that has the "may cull one die from spent/used pile when summoning" ability. We had this one come up recently and the question regards what to do when you don't have any dice in your used and/or spent pile.

If you summon this creature (or any creature, really) is it summoned after you spend quidity or as you spend? In other words, when the imp arrives are the quidity dice you used to summon it already in the spent pile and available for culling?

We decided that you have to spend the quidity in order to "cast the spell" that summons the imp, so that spending and summoning are sequential steps. (Thus the dice are available for culling.)

Are folks playing this differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not an issue once you use the revised rules form Quarmageddon... the quiddity you spend to summon goes to your 'spent' pile (not used pile). once your turn is complete, all dice in your spent pile go to your used pile. Therefore, the quid you used to summon are not available for culling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing the same as you are, Scott.
Pay, then summon, as discrete steps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John - I am using the new rules, and the text on the imp card in question specifically states (IIRC) that you may cull from spent or used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spbtc wrote:
John - I am using the new rules, and the text on the imp card in question specifically states (IIRC) that you may cull from spent or used.

Sorry about that! That should have been totally obvious. Guess my coffee is still sinking in this morning.

Much as you can cull the same creature you score for glory (an option with basic rules or as required in advanced) you can cull from your used pile the quid you are using to summon when cull from spent/used is specifically stated as a power. In fact, now that I think about it, I know that my group has played this card that way when it has come up in the past.

So yes, you are playing it as we do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.