Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm going deeper in the ASLSK world and I find it a really really (double is not a misprint!) intriguing Game Sys. The feeling of satisfaction in playing a ASLSK game in an adequate way is....well...is something that who's reading this lines should know already.
These days I was through my elder brother SL and its Gamettes Rules, just to see how it developed and if I can use ASLSK rules to play that Scenarios.
(if someone interested http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/843644/how-about-playing-sl-...).
I found a very interesting Crescendo of Doom paragraph (pg.74):

"As the complete SL game system unfolds it becomes harder and harder to incorporate all of the many rules which the system has to offer if only due to the shortcomings of the human memory. [...].
All results stand once play has progressed past the point of commission. In other words, if an error is discovered "after" play as passed that point, the game cannot be "backed up" to correct the error, even if such error is in violation of a rule. [...].
In essence, the player's knowledge of the system and methodical application of its benefits as opportunities present themselves, becomes an added skill factor better reflecting the abilities of an experienced battlefield commander."

I think it could be the right approach to the game.
Veterans and newbie POWs (points of view...not prisoners of war)
very welcome.

Ruben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judas Iscariot
msg tools
mb
The rule you mentioned is actually rule A.2 (if I remember correctly) in full ASL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Hjelme
Norway
Arendal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unterschutze wrote:
The rule you mentioned is actually rule A.2 (if I remember correctly) in full ASL.

It sure is. I have also adopted this rule to many of my other game. It keeps people on their toes.

-Morten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens in A.2 stays in A.2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best rule in The Book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vicca
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I try to use it but always forget to apply it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erez Ben-Aharon
Australia
Civic Square
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vinnie37 wrote:

LoL, A.2 Strikes once again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinnie37 wrote:

I see....the merciless rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.