Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: (surprise!)Car Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Vale
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
If this was covered elsewhere, then I apologize for the redundant question.

The Question: Is the interior of a car considered a separate zone? This is of particular concern regarding ranged attacks.

Scenario A: Phil is zone 1. Wanda and Amy are in a car in zone 2, along with 5 walkers. If Phil shoots into zone one, because of ranged targeting priority he has to kill Wanda and Amy before he can kill any walkers, correct?

Scenario B: Amy and Wanda are in a car. There are 5 walkers sharing a zone with them. If Wanda wants to shoot the walkers, as far as I can tell, she will need to kill Amy first. That seems....silly. On the other hand, cars are already so super powered, so it's not like this is a significant setback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A: Yes

B: Yes, cars don't really change ranged combat in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambisinister wrote:
There are 5 walkers sharing a zone with them. If Wanda wants to shoot the walkers, as far as I can tell, she will need to kill Amy first. That seems....silly.

That's when it's time to break out the baseball bat! Melee combat is where this game is won. Range is okay to prep an area for others to move into, or to pick off those advancing runners from a distance, but most of the scenarios require the survivors to get in there and get their hands dirty in order to win.

So yeah, it's a little silly from a "reality" stand point, but it works well as a game mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
jbbnbsmith wrote:
Ambisinister wrote:
There are 5 walkers sharing a zone with them. If Wanda wants to shoot the walkers, as far as I can tell, she will need to kill Amy first. That seems....silly.

That's when it's time to break out the baseball bat! Melee combat is where this game is won. Range is okay to prep an area for others to move into, or to pick off those advancing runners from a distance, but most of the scenarios require the survivors to get in there and get their hands dirty in order to win.

So yeah, it's a little silly from a "reality" stand point, but it works well as a game mechanic.

Yeah, I never had a problem with the range rules, but when I encountered it with a car like Scenario B above it did seem a little wrong.

I decided even though you are in a car, the zombies are breaking through the windows and wrestling with all the occupants. Can't make sure you won't shoot a friend's head by mistake. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
jbbnbsmith wrote:
Ambisinister wrote:

Yeah, I never had a problem with the range rules, but when I encountered it with a car like Scenario B above it did seem a little wrong.

I decided even though you are in a car, the zombies are breaking through the windows and wrestling with all the occupants. Can't make sure you won't shoot a friend's head by mistake. zombie

And yet if you use that ridiculous Range rule you HAVE to shoot a friend's head. While they're in a car. Surrounded by zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.